Talk

Advanced search

Does it become impossible when...

(11 Posts)
scarfhatglove Mon 19-Nov-18 10:59:24

They start becoming mobile?

TwinDadJonny Mon 19-Nov-18 11:14:30

Not impossible. Just brings its own unique set of challenges is all. smile What age are they now?

Beyondtheshore Mon 19-Nov-18 11:35:29

In many ways I found it a lot better! Mine were late walkers and things improved so much when I could take them to the park for a run around.

You do need to babyproof your house to the max, however.

moggle Mon 19-Nov-18 13:47:53

More difficult in my experience! I loved the first 6m, then came weaning (the mess!!!), then crawling and now pulling to stand. Throw in a killer 8-10m sleep regression and we’re in hell. They’re 10 months. Getting into all kinds of bother around the house. Our playpen is a lifesaver but they can’t spend forever in there!!
I’m already dreading when they start walking....

moggle Mon 19-Nov-18 13:49:20

Then again, maybe it’s the time of year... if it was June I could chuck them outside for a bit or let them crawl around the park. Hard when it’s cold and wet and they won’t keep mittens or any kind of foot covering on and you have to keep wiping their nose...

scarfhatglove Mon 19-Nov-18 14:08:16

9 months. No sign of crawling.

TwinDadJonny Mon 19-Nov-18 14:18:36

Honestly I thought the most hellish part was the 3 hour feeds right at the start. That bit still gives me nightmares. And just in case I've left people wondering on "mum's" net, my wife and I split the week so we're both stay at home parents.

You will have a playpen so that'll buy you time to leave them in a safe place here and there. But not having to bottle feed them anymore is AWESOME! So there are gains from them being a bit older. Every stage brings its own challenges.

As for the starting to move part, my son was almost 2 before he was walking independently. So with twins some things just take time.

scarfhatglove Mon 19-Nov-18 14:38:39

I know. I cant even remember that bit. 😂😂
Im just scared of having to watch them constantly. But as you said playpen. You just cope dont you?

TwinDadJonny Mon 19-Nov-18 19:23:35

Ah you get the feel for it like everything else. You still need to leave them for a second here and there. Bathroom breaks and the like. And that's where the playpen comes in. Other than that you get the hang of when they're in a place where they can do damage and when they're not. And how closely you need to watch them depending.

neversleepagain Tue 20-Nov-18 17:08:51

Not impossible as life still has to carry on. When they learn to walk well it becomes easier as you don't have two crawling babies. I used reins until I knew they would run off.

Waterdropsdown Tue 20-Nov-18 17:12:48

For a while you will only go out to “safe known spaces” on your own. However it soon becomes easier. No more getting in the buggy to get out to the car for example, or having to run up and down the stairs quickly while one screams at top/bottom springs to mind

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »