Talk

Advanced search

Nighttime is hell!

(5 Posts)
mummyoftwincesses Sun 19-Aug-18 19:57:46

Sorry feel like I’m forever posting on here asking advice but could do with some help! Will try keep it as short as possible!
My twins will be 8 months on the 22nd and since they were 6 months old their bedtime routine has just gone to pot and feels like it’s just getting worse. We would come up to the quiet darkened bedroom &
They used to have their last bottle between 5.30-6 and fall asleep after finishing it then we would put them down then they’d sleep through until 6 ish.
Now they can be up until about 7.30/8, crying, wanting to play ect, and then we have to struggle and rock them to sleep. They can wake up hourly then be up for the day at 4.30. I tried CC for like one night and couldn’t bare hearing the blood curdling screams. They have 3, half an hour naps a day generally at around the same time. Have also tried dropping a nap but to no avail.
We are at our wits end and other than asking the HV I don’t know what else to do.
Thanks for reading

OP’s posts: |
Doublethecuddles Thu 23-Aug-18 22:39:40

It does get easier.
Are they hungry? When mine were that age I would give them their milk about 6 pm and then a weetabix or banana. When they start to get more active, milk in the evening isn’t enough.
Have you tried putting music on when you put them down to sleep?
Good luck and remember how ever difficult it seems it’s only a phase they are going through

loopylou1984 Fri 24-Aug-18 12:33:08

Are you me from 10 months ago?

At 8 months we decided enough was enough. We did CC, stopped night feeds and put them in their own room all at once.

The CC is awful, but it really doesn't take long for them to get it. I would say persevere. My HV told me she had never known it not to work. In about 4 days mine were going down in their cots awake after a story, chatting for a bit then drifting off and sleeping through until 6 with maybe 1 wake up each every now and then.

You can't sustain what you're doing now, it's soul destroying.

FifthSparrow Fri 24-Aug-18 12:47:47

I had twins and read Gina Ford's book on twins. I used her routines and they were sleeping through the night at about 6 months. She's really strict, but has great advice on feeding, sleeping etc that works. I highly recommended the book. Hope you get some sleep sion. 😊

Doublethecuddles Fri 24-Aug-18 13:38:34

Just rereading your post and you babies don’t sleep much during the day. They could be exhausted. At that age they should be having 1 long nap of about 2 hours, this was my godsend. I would take mine out for a walk in the buggy and they fell asleep very quickly and I could get an evening meal ready and then sit with my feet up for 1/2 hour. We were also having a shorter nap in the morning.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in