Talk

Advanced search

One of those days

(15 Posts)
Newbabies15 Tue 24-Jul-18 20:46:54

Hi everyone. Ive had one of those days. My babies are 5 months and twin parenting is so full on sometimes I feel I cant breathe/need headspace. sigh

Sorry I can't help much but I do understand. Mine are 2 years old so I can tell you that it does get easier, but is still more exhausting than looking after a single baby/toddler.

Think ahead a little. It won't be long before you can start weaning, then soon after that they'll start feeding themselves. That was a big breakthrough for me because I could sit down and eat while they were eating.

Soon after that they'll be able to stand and walk a bit, so you don't have to carry them absolutely everywhere (even being able to stand them on the floor while you open doors and things is a relief!).

Once they start properly walking, get a set of reins and make them walk a lot, then they'll start sleeping better. Life is always better when you sleep well. We're working on this stage at the moment, but I'm hopeful!

Good luck, and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Newbabies15 Tue 24-Jul-18 21:01:00

Thank you - made me cry.
Everyone says it just gets harder confused thanks guys!

Reiltin Tue 24-Jul-18 21:08:24

Mine are 2.5wo and I really don’t want it to be harder than this 😞 Also have two older kids and dreading my wife going back to
Work

ATwinThing Tue 24-Jul-18 21:14:25

Hugs. Mine are 14 months and I absolutely promise it gets easier. Having said that, I've only just admitted to myself/others that twin parenting is hard and it's been a revelation to actually say it.
Don't know where you are but PM me if you like - if we happen to be anywhere near I'd be up for a twin x

ATwinThing Tue 24-Jul-18 21:19:55

Twin meet up even!!

ClareB83 Wed 25-Jul-18 07:51:59

Mine are 12 weeks (7 corrected) and Aida keep waiting for it to get better. It did briefly for a week and then it went supremely downhill again. So drained and it's not just the sleep it's the emotion.

Newbabies15 Sat 28-Jul-18 10:53:33

It got less intense for us after 3 months. I know what you mean with the emotion. brew

ScrunchyBook Sat 28-Jul-18 11:29:51

Mine are nearly 2 and it definitely gets easier! Sure it's still hard work, but it gets less relentless in my experience, both mentally and physically.

I found under 12 months quite a struggle. My best friend had a singleton around the same time and it used to upset me seeing her taking her little one to lots of classes/swimming etc and I just couldn't manage to do that for my two.

They started sleeping better in stages, my DD was ok at 9 months, DS ok at 12 months. From 18 months they have been consistently sleeping through.

Everything OnlyHereForTheFeminists said too

Sharpcattlegridheavyhat Sat 04-Aug-18 06:53:39

How are you feeling today Newbabies15 ? I hadn’t checked the multiples board for a bit and your post made me so sad for you because I remember I was just the same. It feels like it’s going to be like this forever, but mine are nearly two and I can’t quite believe it. You’ll be just SO proud of yourself when they get to 6 months, a year, 18 months. Tick off each stage mentally by telling yourself how well you’re doing and how you’re past such a challenging chunk of time. It’s hard still, but I find having twins so funny and they’re always going to have each other and you- how lucky is that?

Always here for a chat if you need it. Sorry if my post comes off patronising or anything, I find having twins a very emotional thing and probably sound like a dickhead grin

Newbabies15 Sun 05-Aug-18 21:08:02

Thank you and you do not sound patronising!
I'm a lot better thank you. Just need to lean back instead of try and push forward. Always do what feels softer. smile

flopsyrabbit1 Wed 08-Aug-18 20:37:18

i found it easier once they were walking strangley enough

keep going and vent when ever you need to

WickerHippo Wed 08-Aug-18 20:40:42

Hi, I’ve got 3 year old twins, who will be 4 in February. And it gets a lot easier! They’ve become less dependent on me and can go and play with their brother instead of consistently needing me to occupy them. I can actually enjoy my time with now.

flopsyrabbit1 Wed 08-Aug-18 21:10:35

wait till their 19 it's seriously fabgrin

Newbabies15 Sat 11-Aug-18 09:51:03

Thank you so much everyone so supportive.

brew

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: