Talk

Advanced search

Which twin sling?

(9 Posts)
JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Thu 14-Jun-18 12:04:28

Think I need a sling as DTs are at that annoying 4-5 mo stage where they want to be held on laps all the time so they can see what's going on!

Was looking at MiniMonkey twin sling - any experiences or alternatives?

mummyoftwincesses Thu 21-Jun-18 07:19:48

I had the mini monkey twin sling, it was good but won't be suitable for your twins at that age I don't think, it's quite a strain on your back holding all that weight, I stopped using mine when they were about 3.5 months old x

Taytotots Sat 23-Jun-18 21:47:39

You could just use two in tandem. Either two soft carriers like ergos or manducas or one of those and a Mei Tai or wrap.
I've seen the twingo and twingaroo recommended but not tried as they came out after I had mine.
You might be best going to a sling library to try a few out.
Good article here www.lucieslist.com/twin-baby-carriers/.

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Sat 23-Jun-18 22:12:00

Hi Tayto, have been to a sling library and they can only offer me ring slings or wraps..the wrap is a bit cosy for two and I can't get the knack of the rings.

How would you use.two ergos at once?

Taytotots Mon 25-Jun-18 01:25:30

Ring slings are good but I don't really think hands free with two - I always felt like I needed to support a bit with arms. There is an instruction video for two SSC here
youtu.be/1B-xypdW8TM. What I did with mine was for the front baby thread a wrap through the straps of a SSC to make a pocket - sorry can't find video for that one. Sling libraries will mainly advise against this as you are putting extra weight on wrap straps but seeing as most SSC can carry a toddler at least and mind were babies I felt happy. It would be good to get the library to show you how to back carry in a SSC as can be tricky mastering that.

tihsho Wed 27-Jun-18 09:16:01

I bought the weego twin carrier when mine were born which was ok for a few weeks but quickly became very heavy and uncomfortable. I then tried using a stretchy wrap but have now got the twingo carrier which I really like (mine are now 6 months). It took a couple of practice rounds to get it on by myself but now I can get both twins in it alone and I find it comfy (although the weight of 2 babies obviously becomes pretty heavy after a while). I got mine 2nd hand on eBay (they are very pricey brand new) and would definitely recommend it the most out of the few sling options I've tried.

plzgirl Fri 01-Feb-19 02:01:22

Don't go with a sling, go with a more traditional carrier. More padding, comfort, etc. This list is the best I've found so far: www.babymonitortown.com/best-twin-baby-carrier/ which lists the current top rated carriers in the market.

Linguaphile Mon 11-Feb-19 14:21:17

I carried in two connectas which was waaaay more comfortable than a twin carrier. The buckles make them super easy to use and because they have no waistband padding you don’t feel like you’re being crushed in a vice by two giant carriers. I tried about 5 different variations of twin carries (wrap, twin carrier, and two carriers front and back). This won hands down.

Soopertooter Thu 16-May-19 22:02:05

You can hire twin slings to try at home from it's a sling thing (Google it). I tried a mini monkey for a week when my twins were a couple of months old and didn't get on with it.
In the end I just muddled through with one manduca and then holding the other twin in my arms. Needless to say I didn't sling very often!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »