Talk

Advanced search

What did you find useful for your twins?

(7 Posts)
EvaGraceMummy2015 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:56:56

Hi ladies, I'm officially 20 weeks with my twin girls tomorrow and it's time to start thinking about buying for them.. I'm in the middle of moving house so not really been top priority but it's time to get my bum into gear 🙈🙈 I've made a basic list that I know I will need but I'd like any suggestions from experienced twin mummies to what to buy that will be useful/you couldn't live without when your twins were newborn please 😊

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Wed 13-Jun-18 10:00:07

OP have a look at the thread called Twins...
So many questions!

EvaGraceMummy2015 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:13:37

Ok thank you 😊

Handsfull13 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:24:20

I bought fisher price newborn to toddler chairs. They are amazing. My boys napped in them, sat and rocked in them while they were small and only awake for short periods of time and before they could move.
I could sit in between them to bottle feed and they were slightly upright so it reduced reflux and I could burp them one at a time without feeling guilty they'll at one was sat waiting.
At 1 1/2 they still use them for a morning bottle and can now climb in and out to sit on them when they fancy.
At £75 each when I bought them I was really worried about the cost but they are soo amazing I can recommend them.

ClareB83 Wed 13-Jun-18 11:53:31

Carrycots have been really useful for daytime naps and separating them if one is being unsettled and disturbing the other. As my twins, like a lot of twins, came early we get more use our of them than most. We still got them second hand.

Bouncy chairs have been so useful for feeding them at the same time. Although they were too small for them for the first month.

Large muslins for swaddling at night.

Lots of cushions for arranging yourself on the sofa or bed with both of them.

Glow in the dark dummies and self sterilising bottles by MAM come in different colours and designs so you know which belongs to which twin.

CornishPasty82 Wed 13-Jun-18 11:57:27

Congrats!!! Things that made my life with twins significantly easier were:

- slings (stretchy wrap first of all then a Twingo later on)
- breastfeeding (big initial investment but saves sooo much time and money later on)
- having a cleaner
- lowering my expectations of myself. I had a singleton beforehand and parenting twins is a totally different ball game.

Great Facebook groups to join are:
* gentle parenting twins uk (not as lentil-weaving as it sounds)
* breastfeeding twins and triplets uk (loads of amazing advice in a very supportive, non judgemental environment)

Good luck!

Gunpowder Thu 14-Jun-18 07:57:41

Definitely lowering expectations! I think for me one of the best things was/is having a pla d

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: