Talk

Advanced search

Need help on coping early day post emergency c section witb twins and toddlers

(4 Posts)
ShouldIBuyOrShouldIGo Sat 12-May-18 09:22:26

Had my twins on Monday. First naturally then second as an emergency c section under general anesthesic. It was pretty brutal and I can't believe how much pain I am inacross my whole abdomen. Came home yesterday and realised that I couldn't find any position to sleep comfortably in, ended up proping myself up on a million pillows just so getting up again was less painful. I feel awful that I have to keep my 2yr old at arms length but she keeps touching my belly and makes me cry out in pain.
Sorry for the windge just really frustrated that I am far far more immobile than I was with 2 babies in me at 37weeks! And have more to do.
Any good tips? I have the snuggle bundl things that are like carryabags for babies so I can move them one handed.. anything else? The midwife is coming out today to remove my sticky plaster, just felt it in the shower and I don't think they shaved anything before they applied it!!!! That is going to hurt!

OP’s posts: |
Ebisu Sat 12-May-18 09:30:01

Really feel for you, after EMCS with DC3 a friend suggested these

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/seamless-post-natal-support-nursing-camis-a9648.html

They were amazing and really helped with the pain when moving around as they kind of held everything in and made life more comfortable. I lived in them plus loose joggers and tshirts for weeks after.

ShouldIBuyOrShouldIGo Sat 12-May-18 18:27:03

Thank you have bought!!

OP’s posts: |
ClareB83 Sat 12-May-18 22:14:39

I really struggled to get comfortable the first few days and couldn't roll over in bed as it hurt so much after my emcs. It especially hurt on the right which mw thought might be because my bigger twin was low down on that side.

But it really didn't last long. After a week I was much more comfortable and mobile. I did try a pillow under my bump in bed but it didn't help much, so I just minimised how much sitting up and rolling over I had to do and used help where I could eg DH pulling me up, using headrest.

I wore my maternity leggings while they were vaguely snug for support during the day too.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in