Talk

Advanced search

Can’t fit two high chairs in my kitchen...

(11 Posts)
moggle Tue 13-Mar-18 13:57:44

Our twins are only 2mo so lots of time to think about this but... with DD we had an Ikea antilop and at about 18m moved her to a tripp trapp (secondhand so absolutely no straps or other parts with it)... I found having tha Ikea chair with its large footprint really annoying with DD as it always seemed in the way. We def can’t really fit two antilops in the kitchen or two of any other high chair I’ve seen, really. Even the collapsing ones are going to be a pain as there’s nowhere really to store them folded. Can’t really afford the expense of another Tripp trapp and two sets of baby kit, even secondhand.

I’m thinking booster seats would be the best option. we have a Chico pocket snack one already which is great but I’m not sure it’s going to work for the first few months of weaning when they’re still small and a little wobbly? Also not sure the trays big enough and don’t really fancy the mess of pushing them up to the table. I’m anticipating BLW again.

Do I need to get a bumbo or similar for the first few months and then move to the booster seats? Any other ideas?!

Already the thought of all that mess x2 is making me depressed!!

MauriceTheSpaceCowboy Tue 13-Mar-18 14:02:42

Yes I’d get bumbos or similar, more supportive for those early months as you say. You can usually get them secondhand as they last well.

Waterdropsdown Tue 13-Mar-18 19:33:04

We went away for a week one week after the twins were 6 months and had a chicco and a make called summer of portable high chairs. The summer one they could sit up in (it’s tighter/smaller than chicco) so we ended up feeding one at a time in that.

appleblossomtree Tue 13-Mar-18 19:34:50

We had a really good clip on chair which went directly onto the table when needed

Taytotots Tue 13-Mar-18 19:45:45

What about a clip on highchair (like apple blossom says)? E.g. m.johnlewis.com/mountain-buggy-pod-portable-highchair-flint/p579505. I'm sure there will be some available second hand too.

Chienrouge Tue 13-Mar-18 19:47:39

We used the mountain buggy one linked above with both DD’s and it was fab.

RandomMess Tue 13-Mar-18 20:34:43

I had on those clip on chairs and they are great but investigate if the hard seat bit is removable or not - one did and I could just fling the fabric in the washing machine...

DinoSn0re Tue 13-Mar-18 20:44:31

Have you seen the Bumbo multi seat? Sounds like it might suit your needs - keep the insert in whilst they’re little and then use as a booster once they’re bigger. We have one for our DD and it’s been one of my favourite purchases, it has been so useful.

3boys3dogshelp Tue 13-Mar-18 20:44:37

We used handysitts when our boys were younger. I’ve just googled and they look like they’ve been updated but ours had the option of a high chair style insert and a bumper bar which could all be removed to make it into an open booster seat so you can use the same thing for a few years. It hooks over the back of a chair then fastens underneath the seat with a clip so you can clip it on and off in a couple of seconds - and you can fold them flat to store them. MIL kept one of ours and it’s still in her cupboard for when my nieces and nephews visit.

moggle Tue 13-Mar-18 21:32:14

I have been looking at the clip on ones but even secondhand they are fairly pricey and also looking at pictures I’m not sure they will work with our table (which we only brought a couple of years ago to replace one which was too low to push the Antilop up to!)
Bumbo multi seat and mamas and papas bud etc look worth investigating - thanks- they don’t look as portable as the chiccos though.
Lots of ideas to follow up - thanks all!!

BuffyFan Tue 13-Mar-18 22:03:44

We have the Mamma's and Pappas booster chairs: https://www.mamasandpapas.com/en-gb/baby-bud-booster-seat-for-dining-table-with-detachable-tray-grey/p/412468000

They've been great and are still in use now the twins are 2! We did also have the Mama's and papas not-bumbos, but didn't really need both so sold them on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: