Talk

Advanced search

Reusable nappies

(3 Posts)
Reiltin Wed 24-Jan-18 11:13:16

I have a 2 & 4yo and used disposible nappies for both. I swore I'd use reusable nappies on baby number 3 but I'm having a wobble, now number 3 is actually numbers 3 & 4! Anyone been in a similar position? Any suggestions? Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
neversleepagain Wed 24-Jan-18 13:49:10

I did but I didn't have older children or a third in nappies! It's doable with twins, you more nappies to wash.

stocksund13 Wed 24-Jan-18 14:05:31

First of all, congratulations on twins! I used Motherease nappies on all four of my children and they were fab.

I didn't have twins but I had two in them at a time, a toddler and a newborn. And for a while three of them as one wasn't dry at night.

They felt comfortable on the baby, washing wasn't a pain and we never ran out! Economically they were fab as my original 15 were used by the first 3 children and then I bought a few more (5?) for the fourth child as some of them were starting to get a bit thin.

Lots of different ones came and went while my children were little - it seemed quite a fashionable thing to do - but I swore by Motherease for non-fussiness. Highly recommend the 'Airflow' wraps - the popper ones - by Motherease too.

Paper liners means you can chuck away the poo, put the nappy in a plastic lidded bucket (no need for water but tea tree oil in the bucket keeps it smelling nice) lined with a net and chuck the whole thing in the wash and then dry on the line or in a dryer. Every once in a while I would run the machine empty on 60. Easy.

I used disposables when we went on holiday and found them grim by comparison.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in