Talk

Advanced search

Twins bath time

(15 Posts)
ClareB83 Sun 03-Dec-17 09:35:57

I was hoping for some advice on how to bathe twins.

I'd expected to have one baby and bathe them in the kitchen sink until they were a too big and then get something like the Mothercare aqua pod.

I could still do this with twins - bathe them singly at first and then Try and get my hands on a duo aquapod (not stocked online anymore) for when they're bigger.

But I wondered what other twin parents did, especially when they're too little to sit up.

readyforapummelling Sun 03-Dec-17 09:38:21

Could DP hold one and bathe them together? Or x2 bath seats such as the angelcare?

neversleepagain Sun 03-Dec-17 09:48:05

When tiny I bathed mine in the bathriom sink one at a time. From about 16 weeks I started bathing them together in bath seats until they could sit up reliably.

MotherCupboard Sun 03-Dec-17 09:51:46

I only bath mine when dh is around and we do one each.

Blahblahblahzeeblah Sun 03-Dec-17 09:53:30

Bath time only when dad is here. If we have to miss a night or 2 it's not the end of the world!

ScrunchyBook Sun 03-Dec-17 12:49:31

We generally only bath them when both myself and DH are home. Did it once by myself, but bathed them individually. I put the other twin in the bouncer chair in bathroom.
We have always used the main bath, with a sponge support when very little.
We don't have baths as part of our bedtime routine because I'm often at work in the evening

Bambi1980 Thu 14-Dec-17 16:13:12

We bathe one at a time on the angelcare in the bath with 3 year old DS.

TheEagle Sun 17-Dec-17 10:08:12

I bathed mine singly in the bath that came with the changing table, then moved to the real bath (singly).

I’d do the bath after breakfast when my toddler was with the childminder for an hour or two.

One twin in the bath, the other in their bouncy chair.

When they could sit up themselves if DH and I were around then we bathed them together.

They’re 2.5 now and if I’m by myself of an evening I still bathe them singly. Otherwise all 3 of mine are in the big bath together.

My twins had significantly fewer baths than my singleton wink

idontlikealdi Wed 20-Dec-17 16:36:20

We used the aquapod duo from Mothercare as soon as they could sit. Was brilliant.

ClareB83 Wed 20-Dec-17 16:59:23

That's what I want @idontlikealdi but they don't make it anymore!

And thanks everyone for your experiences. I guess I'll just see how it goes.

idontlikealdi Wed 20-Dec-17 17:28:12

Oh no - sorry, it really was great!

Waterdropsdown Thu 21-Dec-17 20:22:35

@clareb83
Google safety first swivel seat (sorry don’t know how to link). I bought these from amazon for my twins and they were SO GOOD from 5/6 months till 12 ish months. Was so sad when i had to stop using them! They prevented the dreaded standing up in the bath.

ClareB83 Thu 21-Dec-17 20:56:34

Ooh thanks for that @Waterdropsdown - they look good! OH is adding to our wish list!

Taytotots Sat 23-Dec-17 01:01:59

We used the aquapod duo too. Sad they have stopped making but maybe you can find second hand? However it was just two seats joined by a bath mat so two singles should work fine too.

ClareB83 Sat 23-Dec-17 09:46:32

OH has set up an eBay alert for the duo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now