Talk

Advanced search

Side by side travel systems

(7 Posts)
ClareB83 Mon 27-Nov-17 12:05:06

Hi,

We're trying to work out what we need, what will be best etc

Are there any side by side double pushchairs that work with car seats that aren't £1000+?

I'm not convinced we need a travel system but I'm wondering if any exist in the first place, as so many people say you'll regret not being able to combine with car seat.

I just can't spend that much money on a pushchair.

Also the only tandem I've seen that lets both babies see out is the Mothercare genie, but it's sooooo long. It'll take up so much room in the house. Any recommendations for tandems where both babies can see but aren't huge?

Thanks for any help

dantdmistedious Mon 27-Nov-17 13:41:52

Baby jogger city mini twin, Out n about 360 and the mountain buggy are all great. I had the donkey to start off with but got rid of it fairly quickly. The tandems (one behind the other) are horrible to push, the positioning isn't great on any of them imo

RandomUsernameHere Mon 27-Nov-17 16:34:22

We had the mountain buggy duet with the MaxiCosi car seats, would recommend it.

ClareB83 Mon 27-Nov-17 16:44:03

How long did it last them? Seems really narrow.

RandomUsernameHere Mon 27-Nov-17 17:11:59

We still use it occasionally now (if they are v tired after preschool) and they are 3 1/2 and big for their age. They're only in it for 15 mins at most though, agree that it's quite narrow.

ClareB83 Mon 27-Nov-17 17:15:46

Thanks that's helpful

moggle Thu 07-Dec-17 11:06:38

You can't get two seats on a BJ city mini double.
What we've done is got a city mini double, as our hopefully main pushchair to last until they don't need it any more, but also a second hand cheap BJ city select for the ease of using with two car seats and for when a narrower pushchair is needed. You need two sets of car seat adapters and also the second seat adapter as well. We paid £70 for the pushchair along with one seat, but the extra adapters probably added another £60.
Current plan is to literally only use the select for car seats, so only for the first few months, but I imagine at some point we may well get a second seat as I think there will be some specific situations where a tandem is better (e.g. I know I won't get into our doctors surgery building with the side by side).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now