Talk

Advanced search

Stretch marks

(12 Posts)
LittleBlackHat Sun 05-Nov-17 22:48:51

28 weeks and I’ve gained 28lbs. I’ve been using coconut oil on my belly daily since I found out (day after missed period). No stretch marks yet. I know it’s vain but I’m worried the twins will stretch me to pieces over coming weeks. Anyone else get away without stretch marks? confused

BabyDreams2018 Sun 05-Nov-17 23:02:16

I have stretch marks from my previous pregnancies. It is hereditary so there isn't much that can be done to avoid them but they do fade. Mine reappear when I'm pregnant and I usually gain a couple of more each time. I used cocoa butter cream.

neversleepagain Mon 06-Nov-17 08:09:08

I got loads on the front of my stomach that were bright red. They have faded now but still very much there. To be honest, it doesn't bother me one bit!

ScrunchyBook Mon 06-Nov-17 09:15:18

Yes I think it's hereditary. I don't have any from my twins, but then my Dsis doesn't have any from her two singleton pregnancies and my DM didn't have any from us either.
I'd keep going with the oil though, my belly got very tight and uncomfortable towards the end

xhannahx Mon 06-Nov-17 09:25:11

Agree that is hereditary I'm afraid, I used coconut oil everyday and still have awful stretch marks. My stomach looks exactly like my own mother's does.

Stop worrying about it and just embrass it, they will fade, and by the time the twins are here you won't give a toss!

Oly5 Mon 06-Nov-17 09:27:22

Third pregnancy and no stretch marks.. but my mother didn’t have any either. I think it definitely is hereditary

LittleBlackHat Mon 06-Nov-17 13:16:14

Thanks ladies. I didn’t get any with my DS so maybe I’ll be alright. Time will tell

LesLavandes Mon 06-Nov-17 13:36:37

Use Neal’s Yard Wheatgerm oil. 2 pregnancies, no stretchmarks

doodlejump1980 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:38:35

No fancy oils and no stretch marks - my waist measured 55" on the morning I had my twins. Guess I'm just blessed with stretchy skin! I put 50lbs on had the boys 7.5 & 6.4 at 37+6.

dangle90 Mon 06-Nov-17 18:51:24

31 weeks with twins here, put on 18lb and have some stretch marks even though I’ve been using oil, my mum had terrible stretch marks so deffo think it’s in the genes!

Ohhshiney Tue 07-Nov-17 19:33:50

I made it to 35 weeks then got a few stretch marks but not that bad, I had been creaming constantly as well

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Tue 07-Nov-17 19:51:35

I though they were hereditary but my mum is covered whereas I didn’t get any through two pregnancies. I used palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream through both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now