Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toilet

(7 Posts)
MamaDeeGee Tue 10-Oct-17 23:19:07

I have noticed our local shopping centre has disabled toilets and baby change separate.

For me to use the toilet With a double pram i have no other option than to use the disabled but its always locked and is a pain to find someone with a key to unlock it.

Multiple mums how do you use the toilet when out and about?

neversleepagain Wed 11-Oct-17 08:04:28

I ask someone to watch them for a minute while I use the toilet. There is always another mum about who is happy to spare a minute.

ScrunchyBook Wed 11-Oct-17 10:16:29

Yes this is so frustrating! Do any of the shops have them together, an M & S maybe? John Lewis near me has a separate big toilet in their baby change area that I can get the double buggy into.

Is it locked with one of those 'Radar' keys because I think you can buy them on Amazon

2014newme Wed 11-Oct-17 10:23:22

Personally I'd go to a different shopping centre. Ours has family rooms with adults toilets and changing station and ample room for buggy.
However when in a shopping centre with poor facilities once I went into the furthest toilet pulled tandem buggy up to open door to block the view and just went to the loo with door open, not ideal.
You get to know where are tge places with decent facilities. I also shopped mainly online

moggle Wed 11-Oct-17 10:24:25

With DD if I had to use a toilet that I couldn't fit the buggy in, I would just ask someone to watch her for a second and be really quick. But definitely have an explore around, I find supermarkets good for big toilets, and also coffee shops because they usually only have space for 1 toilet, so it has to be a big accessible one.

Probably a stupid thing to say but who would want to pinch twins anyway!! Way too much hassle ;-)

moggle Wed 11-Oct-17 10:26:06

Oh yes 2014newme has reminded me - many public toilets often have one cubicle (usually at one end) where the door opens OUT not IN. I can usually fit my single buggy in those and close the door so depending on the size of the cubicle you might be able to fit a double or tandem in. Even if you can't close the door fully it won't be wide open like if the door opens in.

MamaDeeGee Thu 12-Oct-17 17:06:55

The nearest other shopping centre is miles away and doesnt have the shops i need in it sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now