Talk

Advanced search

Shopping trolleys for newborn twins?

(25 Posts)
MamaDeeGee Sun 08-Oct-17 08:49:57

So when i was growing up all supermarkets had the double baby seated trolleys... ( see photo )

Now morrisons and asda and sainsburys near me only have the single baby seated ones... ( also see picture)

I have 3 week old twins and my boyfriend works long hours and i like to do my shopping online but for the baby stuff i like to go into store ( any store)

Where do other multiples mums shop?
Does anyone know any shops that still have the double baby seat trolleys?

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 08-Oct-17 08:51:30

The Sainsburys and large Tesco near me have those types of trolley. The Tesco is a huge one though!

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 08-Oct-17 08:52:14

The Tesco petrol station is also a 'pay at pump' so that makes it a bit better with small babies!

MamaDeeGee Sun 08-Oct-17 09:29:42

Just learnt tesco does and i have two of the huge ones in driving distance so looks like itll be a Tesco shop constantly!

neversleepagain Sun 08-Oct-17 09:45:49

Our Tesco, Waitrose, Sainbsburys and Morrisons all have these.

2014newme Sun 08-Oct-17 09:47:18

Online! Including for baby stuff, seriously avoid shopping in a shop if you can. But all our local supermarkets have these.

RoganJosh Sun 08-Oct-17 09:47:21

If you don't need a lot of shopping you can put a car seat in the trolley.

MummySparkle Sun 08-Oct-17 09:49:14

Rohan josh I think two car seats in a trolley might be pushing it though!

Most of the big supermarkets near me still have double baby trolleys, but they are few and far between & usually somewhere random in the car park...

allegretto Sun 08-Oct-17 09:49:27

Waitrose! I used to love taking my twins in the Waitrose trolley when visiting my mum as none of my local supermarkets had them.

WhiskyTangoFoxtrot Sun 08-Oct-17 09:50:44

Could you switch your main shopping to online?

Then you would only need smaller in-between visits to shops for a few things at a time. Better then driving to a specific supermarket only to find the trolley you want is already in use, broken or mysteriously vanished.

Starwhisperer Sun 08-Oct-17 09:51:57

Tescos near me has them. Alternatively I put one in a sling and the other in a trolley.

2014newme Sun 08-Oct-17 09:52:34

Yes waitrose definitely do

wheresthel1ght Sun 08-Oct-17 09:59:33

All our local ones do the double trollies although I have noticed that they have reduced the numbers of them so are often in use

MamaDeeGee Sun 08-Oct-17 10:09:46

you cant put two car seats in a trolley though,

I do online shopping alot but still like to pop in as for bits during the week

MamaDeeGee Sun 08-Oct-17 10:12:15

Closesr waitrose is miles away in the town center, so it looks like itll be tesco as two big ones close by

dantdmistedious Sun 08-Oct-17 10:14:45

Sainsbury’s do but I never ever used them. I used to put a basket on the buggy for a quick shop or just shopped online. Those seats look so hard and uncomfy!

JonSnowsWhore Sun 08-Oct-17 11:29:16

I think the PP means put one baby in the trolly seat & one baby in the trolly in the car seat...

MamaDeeGee Sun 08-Oct-17 12:32:44

Oh i get that but that would mean no room for shopping as my carseats are HUGE. 😶

Il be off to tesco so i can use the double baby seats if needed.
If only popping in for bits il be using pram still

RoganJosh Sun 08-Oct-17 13:53:39

Yes, I did mean one car seat in the trolley. I thought OP said there were lots of single newborn trolleys, just not double ones.

Taytotots Sun 08-Oct-17 23:33:08

Put on in a sling and one in a trolley seat? (Bonus less questions as people don't spot the sling one!). If you ask the customer services of your local store they may be able to get a twin trolley in.

MamaDeeGee Mon 09-Oct-17 07:39:53

Haha tbh with my pram and carseats on no ones noticed my other lil boy down below! I always point out theres two as feel bad for baby on bottom as his brothers getting cooed over😂

eurochick Mon 09-Oct-17 07:59:37

Waitrose do them.

Depending on how much you need you could put them in their buggy and use a basket.

MummySparkle Mon 09-Oct-17 17:05:42

RoganJosh that makes more sense! I missed your point entirely blush

moggle Tue 10-Oct-17 14:31:45

Honestly first port of call, I'd email or call your local store and ask if they can get a couple, tell them you're having twins and shop there a lot but won't be able to currently as you've noticed they don't have twin baby trolleys. Surely they have an influx of trolleys as old ones get broken or taken to be fixed, maybe they can just ask a nearby bigger store?
I've noticed random trolleys with different arrangements of seats appear at our waitrose; the latest appears to be one with a seat for I would guess a young disabled child - upright comfy seat with padding and a 3 or 5 point harness. I've seen it in use with the same child a couple of times and it seems to be kept inside so I think it might have been 'ordered' especially?

EvilDoctorBallerinaVampireDuck Tue 10-Oct-17 14:33:04

Our Sainsbury's have the double baby seat trolleys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now