Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

1 year old twins activities?!!!

(4 Posts)
princessx1993 Thu 05-Oct-17 23:48:19

I need some ideas on what to do with my 16 month olds I’m at a dead end....my partner keeps encouraging me to go to soft play...no he hasn’t been to soft play alone with them clearly 😂😂 we go to two baby groups a week aswell! X

neversleepagain Fri 06-Oct-17 10:34:55

Soft play and twins means hard work for the parent for a few years unfortunately. We started going to soft play once both mine could walk at 16 months. Basically I spent an hour running and climbing and rescuing babies in two directions. It was a work out. By age 3.5 they could play alone and I could sit and drink tea...bliss!

At that age we would go to toddler groups, walks in the woods, go to the park, visit friends to play, weekly library visits which they loved.

WheresTheEvidence Fri 06-Oct-17 10:41:00

At this age we did music class, small soft plays, rhyme time at the nursery, woodland walks, toddler groups, library trip, trips to the farm/zoo eye. We met up a lot with friends but I managed all of these alone from a young age.

Taytotots Fri 06-Oct-17 10:54:21

Anywhere enclosed - for when they run in opposite directions (although maybe yours aren't quite at that stage!)- as neversleepagain says twins are a good work out!. We went to our local park a lot (the play area was fenced), library (often have free rhyme time sessions then you can read books after (or just enjoy lifting all the books out). Anywhere with animals. Friend's houses were the best as then they can roam free with other kids and you might actually get some company and coffee (I had a regular date with two lovely mums). If a local church runs MOPS it is worth looking into (ours didn't mind you going if not religious or in the church!) - they ran a crèche while they gave you breakfast and you got to talk grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now