Talk

Advanced search

Travel cot with bassinet for twins' downstairs sleep

(9 Posts)
moggle Tue 29-Aug-17 12:18:47

I want to get a travel cot with a bassinet insert for my twins to sleep in downstairs, to save my back and keep them up and away from DD and the cats. I've never seen one in the flesh though - has anyone used one either for twins or singleton?
I can't picture what the base of the bassinet part is like? Does the main travel cot mattress/base part go in the bassinet when you're using it that way?
Also, if you did use one for twins, did they roll into the middle?! I know the base will have folds for packing away and I can't help but think it will bend even with another mattress in there.
Thanks!

Phillpot12 Fri 15-Sep-17 20:29:46

You've probably got this Sussex by now but if not....this exactly what we dud and it was great. Bassinets bit is thin fabric with supporting rod underneath then padded insert on top. We just put a sheet on top no mattress. Then had it as a playpen once they were bigger.

moggle Fri 15-Sep-17 21:10:50

Hi! Thanks! No we haven't actually bought anything yet. The supporting rod was what I was wondering about. I've seen more expensive cots have it e.g. the Nuna sena but wasn't sure about others. I discovered on Amazon.de they sell an add-on bassinet part which I think we might get for now as I'm getting increasingly panicked about the lack of storage space in our house!

AllStar14 Fri 15-Sep-17 21:20:53

I used a joie travel cot with bassinet for my twins, it was perfect.

FenellaMaxwellsPony Fri 15-Sep-17 21:26:43

We have the Chico lullago for our DS and it works brilliantly. He's a singleton, but our 12lb dog has been known to hop in there (although she is swiftly removed!) and it didn't sag with two.

Phillpot12 Fri 15-Sep-17 21:36:58

Didn't sag at all. Folds up exactly the same as normal travel cot but then have a mesh/fabric bit with a couple of small poles. The board bit goes in the bottom of the cot as normal or in the bassinet so not much different really. You do accumulate a lot of stuff though! 😳

HeartburnCentral Fri 15-Sep-17 21:38:01

I used a graco travel cot for my singletons and plan to use it again for our dts. I put a moses basket in for a while until they got bigger. I got a one with a removable baby changing part and it was very handy. It is great to have the raised bed because it really saves your back. When you are looking at cots for the bedroom, check if there are different levels for when they are smaller. It's going to make life a lot easier if you don't have to lean too far in when you have to get up several times each night.

MamaDeeGee Fri 06-Oct-17 20:48:58

Im looking @ getting a graco one for downstairs x

TammyswansonTwo Tue 31-Oct-17 10:20:09

I got a Joie one and bought an additional mattress to make it more comfy. Was perfect for downstairs naps and when they outgrew the cosleeper one stayed in that and the other went in a travel cot at the end of the bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now