Talk

Advanced search

Car seat advice

(8 Posts)
alexx2 Fri 25-Aug-17 15:39:36

We're expecting twins in the new year when our DS will be 2. We've just bought a new car in anticipation. It's a Citroen C4 Picasso. The car has 3 separate seats in the back and 6 isofix points so we know it can take 3 car seats across the back. We're hoping to save some pennies and continue using DS's isofix maxi cosi pearl car seat. We also have one maxi cosi pebble plus car seat. Plan is to buy 2 more isofix bases and one more maxi cosi pebble plus for when the twins arrive. Does anyone know if these will all fit in our car?
Another option for us is to transfer our DS into a maxi cosi tobi which just uses the seat belt to secure it (grandma has one of these for her car so we could swap our Pearl with her). Again, anyone know if 1 x Tobi plus 2 x Pebbles on isofix bases will work?
If you have 3 isofix car seats in a Citroen Picasso, please share what seats you have!
TIA

penny14 Fri 25-Aug-17 18:54:06

Hi,

I took my twins in a friend's Picasso along with her three year old in a forward facing belted car seat.

The three year old was behind the driver and the twins were next to him in their 2 way family fix isofix bases with pebble plus car seats so one was in the middle.

All fitted fine. Hope that helps.

ScrunchyBook Fri 25-Aug-17 22:47:34

Don't know if you have a Mamas & Papas near you but when we were looking for car seats they got us to try them out in the car to make sure they fit ok which was very helpful.
I'm sure other retailers would do this as well to help out, especially when you explain your new arrivals. Congratulations

moggle Tue 29-Aug-17 12:18:37

Do you have the car yet or is it just ordered?
We're in a similar situation (twins in Jan and a 3 year old), we're going to ask our next door neighbours if we can test out their S max for car seat configuration... I was planning to fit DD's seat properly (she'll go in the middle; extended rear facing so I need to check that the support leg will fit), then put the maxi cosi base we've already got on one side, and then move it round to the other side and check there's room there too without moving DD seat.
I guess you could test it with the Tobi combination, could you borrow a second isofix base from a friend to check the pearl/pebble combo?

Anyway I'm sure they will fit, with three full size seats they should do... it's a minefield isn't it.

alexx2 Tue 29-Aug-17 16:28:53

Thanks for all the advice everyone. We've ordered our Citroen and it's arriving tomorrow!! So we'll have to find some combination of seats that work!! I can post back here what we've gone with if that would be useful. Thanso again all

kathryn77 Mon 04-Sep-17 21:04:25

I had 3 children, not twins but had an issue with the legs (?) from the isofiz not being able to go on the outside seats as there was a hidden (well I was oblivious) space under the mats - a storage compartment (actually useful but we didn't know)- the foot of the isOfiz couldn't rest on the storage compartment.

I have a 2014 grand picasso and one prior to that. Mother care told us this and they were great about advising which combination of sears would work.

MamaDeeGee Fri 06-Oct-17 20:51:02

I have this car and 2 pebble plus' and a 7 year old all in isofix seats in the back seat.

Check on maxi cosi if the age car you got supports the bases with the support leg

MamaDeeGee Fri 06-Oct-17 20:53:43

The newer c4's can actually have the support leg on but check on the maxicosi car fitting list dependant on the year for if its accepted by maxi cosi.

Eg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now