Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me it gets easier

(6 Posts)
Blueshine Wed 19-Jul-17 17:50:36

I have a 2 year old and 4 month old twins plus a 7 & 8 year old and am feeling so overwhelmed and desperate
I can never keep them all happy at once, I haven't slept for more than 2 hours since they were born and am really starting to resent all my children
I love them all dearly but I can't keep going anymore

OP’s posts: |
RelaxMax Wed 19-Jul-17 18:02:33

That sounds really really hard.

How much help do you have? Can you afford some childcare just to give you a break? Any friends or family who could take the kids so you get a solid night's sleep?

Blueshine Wed 19-Jul-17 18:18:52

I have no family near me and my MiL doesn't like looking after children although she will come and do some ironing once every few weeks, I have no one to really help and I feel like I'm drowning, I love my boys but they are so damn hard sometimes once you throw in the 2 year old emptying his entire juice drink all over the carpet or refusing to get on the buggy board so I can get the older 2 to school I just feel helpless

RelaxMax Wed 19-Jul-17 18:29:25

Ok, how bout friends? Or paid childcare? Or can your partner take some time off work?

I recognise that sense of desperation, and honestly the best thing you can do is get a big chunk of sleep. Adult sleep cycles is between 3-4 hours, so you need to regularly get chunks of sleep that long in order to function properly.

If you can get some sleep then you can start thinking clearly about routines/behaviour management etc, but it helps so much to get some sleep first

Rootvegetables Wed 19-Jul-17 18:31:57

It does get easier! I promise! The first few months are the hardest as 2 tiny babies are unreasonable! My advice would be to make sleep my absolutely priority after child feeding etc leave everything to turn into a mess around you and go to sleep whenever you can. It's for such a short period of time and eventually you will realise there is a bit more time creeping into the day when you're not exhausted to get things done. But for now let the big kids watch a bit more TV than they should, get some fresh air every day and sleep. Good luck

Blueshine Thu 20-Jul-17 23:47:49

Thank you for your replies, I can't afford childcare but I do have 1 friend who's will to have them all for a night so I can have a night away!
So hard finding someone to have all of them!
X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in