Talk

Advanced search

Book for older sibling of new twins?

(6 Posts)
moggle Wed 19-Jul-17 11:29:36

I was looking on Amazon for a storybook to help my DD (2y8m) give up her dummy when I came across books to help new big sister/brothers get used to the idea of having a new baby in the house.
I'm only just 12 weeks so probably we won't be telling her for a while, but have any of you twin+ parents found any books where there are two new babies? It just seems such a huge difference I'm not sure I just want to say "oh of course you're going to have two babies at home..." every time!

IntegritasAdSalutemVocat Thu 03-Aug-17 22:50:00

When we found out we were having triplets we made one for our 3 year old son

Lfox341 Fri 18-Aug-17 20:54:49

Dora the explorer has baby twin siblings , there are some tv episodes and a few books .

Also Little Rabbit's big surprise - has triplets

juneavrile Mon 21-Aug-17 12:21:55

Don't have the perfect answer but there's a book about getting one younger sibling that's really fun to read. Called something like "There's an ouch in my pouch" (about a wallaby).

Also a Peppa Pig episode where the 'children' are all coming up with names for an expected rabbit baby. Then mummy rabbit goes into hospital and has twins.

moggle Mon 21-Aug-17 13:15:05

Thanks all, will have a look at these. I've pointed out Zoe zebras twin sisters in Peppa :-)

certainlynotsusan Thu 24-Aug-17 08:41:41

I went with "there's a house inside my mummy" and altered the words a bit. At 2 and a bit they won't notice.

And little rabbits big surprise. Although that caused a bit of confusion because we only had twins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now