Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for New Parents

(6 Posts)
Spam88 Tue 11-Jul-17 10:48:33

I'm just starting to put together a gift hamper for a family member who is expecting twins. Just wondering if there's anything that any of you parents of twins would recommend buying them that I may not have thought of having only had the one baby!

Thanks smile

Barefacedbear Tue 11-Jul-17 14:44:33

Depends on your budget but basics like muslins, vests, baby grows, you can never have too many of. An extra large play mat was one of the best things we were given.

HamNJam Tue 11-Jul-17 14:49:38

Would you consider giving your relative a bit of babysitting? A couple of hours, even if they're at home sleeping, just to give them some relief and help? I would have certainly loved for someone to step in and look after my babies for a little while, having twins is relentless work and that would have been a great gift for us.

neversleepagain Tue 11-Jul-17 15:18:33

Rather than a hamper I prefered ready cooked meals. A lovely friend would bring cooked dishes over like lasagne, cottage pie, spag bol and even some puddings like apple crumble. It was so appreciated.

neversleepagain Tue 11-Jul-17 15:19:15

Or offering to walk them in their pram for a couple of hours would be lovely!

Spam88 Tue 11-Jul-17 17:51:23

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone smile I should have said that we live 5 hours away so can't really offer much in the way of babysitting or cooking (although totally agree that food is a great gift, my mum filled my freezer with meals for me before my little girl was born 8 weeks ago and they've been a lifesaver!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now