Talk

Advanced search

Loosing weight while pregnant with twins

(3 Posts)
MumofthreeandBean Sun 19-Mar-17 19:06:51

I am 30weeks tomorrow expecting dcda twins.
I have nothing to wear!!
I bought 4 pairs of maternity jeans, 3 pairs of maternity leggings and 6 maternity tops - all the jeans are falling down! The leggings are see through and the tops don't cover my bum!!!
I know most pregnant women struggle with weight gain but I'm struggling with weight loss and it's beginning to worry me!
I asked the midwife to weigh me at appointment on Thursday and I have only put on 13lbs this pregnancy! Once you factor in the babies weights (6lbs) and amniotic fluid etc I'm wasting away! The midwife isn't worried as my BMI was 28 at booking in so I have some chub to spare.
I can't eat, I'm trying hard to eat meals but I can only manage a small portion and don't fancy snacks or treats at all. 😩 I have IBS and can't eat dairy so choosing foods to fatten me up is difficult.

AutumnRose1988 Fri 07-Apr-17 06:26:28

It's just one of those things. The babies will take what they need from you and yes this may make you feel horrendous but as long as you are eating, taking vitamins, and midwife then no need to worry just keep plugging away with what you can eat. Maybe try sipping a smoothie throughout the day or just graze all day. Get things like cooked meats and prepared veg and dips to snack on x

Sunshinesuperman Tue 16-May-17 21:45:11

I lost weight for the first three months and got very stressed when a trainee midwife said my bump was very small. I mentioned this at my next obstetrician appointment, she told me not to worry as babies were basically parasites and would take whatever they needed from my body. She was right, the kids were perfectly good weights and 8 years on they are still going strong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now