Talk

Advanced search

What services would you like to see?

(2 Posts)
STMWCharl Tue 14-Mar-17 16:46:29

Hi,
My name is Charl and I'm a second year student midwife. I'm writing an assignment about services and care that is provided for women and families who are expecting more than one baby. Id just like to ask if I could take a moment of your time for you to talk about what services you do have access to and what you like about the services available.

Also if you have any recommendations for a service that you would have liked to have been available to you. This could be anything from an online group to discuss things regarding multiple pregnancy or life with two newborns to an educational antenatal class or video specifically for women and families expecting more than one baby.

Please feel welcome to share any previous stories of your experiences and things you would have liked to have seen if you have already experienced a multiple pregnancy.

Thank you so much for your time!

Tinkerbell2003 Thu 16-Mar-17 22:14:28

Hi,

I have five month old twins. I found that the care I received when pregnant was really disjointed and a lot of things could easily have fallen through the gaps. By splitting my care between a community midwife and a consultant, both of them just assumed that the other would cover things. It was only because I'm an organised person and stayed on top of it by proactively asking for things that I got everything covered e.g. I was not offered the whooping cough vaccine, no one ever checked my iron levels and I was never offered breastfeeding information that I know mums of singletons were offered.

I attended NCT classes but found that there was no information on multiple births and what to expect - it's very different to a single birth more often than not.

The best source of information I found was from TAMBA. I attended some of their webinars on life with twins and feeding twins.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now