Talk

Advanced search

B/G twins in seperate nursery ?

(15 Posts)
user123691 Wed 15-Feb-17 12:45:48

If this pregnancy is twins ( older mother, twins on both sides of family) and they are b/g, DH & I would like them to have their own nusery. We have the rooms and it would be easier to seperate them as babies then when older.

Anyone else done this? Most search results in google have b/g sharing a room for years. I personally don't feel comfortable with that.

Waggamamma Wed 15-Feb-17 12:49:09

I think you should wait and see if you're having twins before even worrying about this...

And I see know issue with sharing rooms, they'll have shared your womb for 9 months.

But if you want separate room then that's fine too. Although they should be in your room for the first six months.

neversleepagain Wed 15-Feb-17 21:51:19

This will be the last thing on your mind at 3am when you've had hardly any sleep for months and have two screaming babies waiting to be fed.

Like pp has said, you're jumping the gun. Twins on your partner's side has no influence on your ovulation.

fabulous01 Wed 15-Feb-17 21:56:19

Please wait and see. I have twins and some mums have to separate them as they wake each other.
But... these babies have been together since conception. They are used to being together. Never mind the practicalities. Twins is amazing but hard work. You will be glad you got to the end of they day with both alive never mind having them in different rooms and pretty.
But it is amazing and I wouldn't change it for the world.

ScarlettFreestone Wed 15-Feb-17 21:57:03

I have boy girl twins. They were in our room (separate cots next to each other) and then shared a room.

We also had the space but they were miserable apart and would have hated separate rooms to start with.

I'm not sure what it is you "aren't comfortable with" you do realise that you'll be bathing them together for years?

We put them in separate rooms aged 6 yo and they were quite happy with that and there were no issues at all.

Jasharps Wed 15-Feb-17 21:57:26

Far too many variables in this to even worry about!

My b/g twins share and practically would be a nightmare in different rooms and they would be lost without each other

AndNowItsSeven Wed 15-Feb-17 21:58:15

What an odd thread , you don't even know if you will have twins. Statistically you won't.

LucyFuckingPevensie Wed 15-Feb-17 22:00:24

Oh yes, definitely wait and see.
Just do what works for you at the time.

EvilTwins Wed 15-Feb-17 22:01:41

1/80 births is twins (at least it was when I had mine) so maybe wait and see...

ceeveebee Wed 15-Feb-17 22:01:41

You do realise that fraternal twins only travel down the maternal side of the family - men tend to release more than one sperm pretty much every time...

Anyway I didn't and would most definitely not separate. Firstly they should be with you until 6 months, after then I found they slept really well, they are really close and needed each other as comfort and still do now at 5. Will probably split them soon but will be doing bunk beds in both rooms so they can choose for themselves

Itsjustaphase84 Wed 15-Feb-17 22:05:21

Why would you ask this and you don't even know?
I have twins on both mine and DH side and I had 1dc so I wouldn't assume this.
It's way too young to separate them after birth sad

Sandsnake Wed 15-Feb-17 22:07:36

I'd consider separate houses for them, just to be on the safe side. I mean, one of the babies might catch sight of the other one's nappy and be eternally corrupted. Or worse, the boy baby might accidentally see something pink, which will almost certainly lead to him catching The Gay.

LucyFuckingPevensie Wed 15-Feb-17 22:13:43

grin

ScarlettFreestone Wed 15-Feb-17 22:23:00

I've just been think back to when my babies were little and remembering spending hours with hands through the bars of the cot simultaneously patting both babies to soothe them.

Or lifting them one after the other for a night feed.

Or getting their nappies changed and then dressed in the morning.

Or listening to them happily babbling to each other from their core and throwing toys back and forth while I was in the shower...

And thinking what a nightmare it would have been if they had been in different rooms.

ScarlettFreestone Wed 15-Feb-17 22:24:21

Core? cots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now