Talk

Advanced search

Maternity leave

(6 Posts)
Alkc1 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:32:58

So I have one child already and I am currently pregnant with identical twins. I work in a nursery full time which can be very physical and demanding, I was planning on working as late as I can as I did with my previous child, however last week when I picked up one of the bigger children to lift them onto a nappy changing area something in my stomach popped and it left me doubled over in pain, all is fine but It did give me quite a scare and I'm starting to realise I'm not super woman and I need to take things a bit easier, has anyone else worked in a similar environment when carrying identical twins that could give me a bit of an insight as to when you went on mat leave, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you xx

neversleepagain Wed 01-Feb-17 16:11:49

I worked as a childminder when pregnant with my twins, I worked 4 days a week 8am-6pm with 3 two year olds and it was hard going. I finished work at 30 weeks and physically just couldn't go on anymore. Dtwins arrived 4 weeks later.

FreeButtonBee Wed 01-Feb-17 16:16:58

I worked until 32 weeks but I have a desk job. That was too much. I really should have finished 2 weeks earlier. It was very very hard and that was with my boss being v flexible and letting me come late and leave early etc.

Twinning546 Thu 02-Feb-17 15:01:32

Full time till 34 weeks with a desk job. I didn't find the actual work day too bad but I was tired as I found it so hard to sleep once I was massive plus by that point it was a bit touch and go whether I could still fit behind the wheel to manage my commute!

empirerecordsrocked Fri 03-Feb-17 10:12:21

I only managed until 24 weeks as my back gave up and I couldn't do the commute any more - sick leave rather than Mat. Dts arrived at 31 weeks.

NeverAShadowOfDoubt Fri 03-Feb-17 13:03:50

I managed 28 weeks and got signed off with back pain, desk job. Babies arrived at 34+4 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now