Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Twins one a wk smaller... Anyone?

(7 Posts)
Zeballyra Tue 17-Jan-17 10:09:46

I'm so confused!! This is my first post on here. My last period was 9th November and I took a positive test straight after I missed in December. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I'm 40 and was showing immediately! I went to the docs who said I felt 12 weeks and was sent for a scan the next day. This showed I was only 2-3 weeks and told to go back 2 weeks later. Scan #2 showed 2 sacs but one a week behind and told to come back in 2 weeks for scan number 3 and expect number two to have gone. Scan #3 showed massive growth in both with fatal poles but only bigger one with heartbeat. They did say they wouldn't expect no 2 to have a HB yet at that size so more waiting. Scan #4 is tomorrow 9 days after.. I'm so worried and really confused I don't even know how far gone I am and look about 3 months gone!! Anyone else had this?

bluebird1235 Wed 25-Jan-17 15:39:49

Hi OP. Hope you're ok?

I was reading a story recently (can't remember where) about a lady who had twins that always measured a week apart throughout her pregnancy and she said that when they were born the consultant said they thought the babies might have been conceived a week apart. I don't think she'd had any scans as early as you but I guess that's what it would show if she had??

I hope it all went well for you at your scan.

Zeballyra Mon 30-Jan-17 21:21:50

Sorry for the delay in response it's been a bad time. My scan showed one twin had not progressed and the other had severe abnormalities and reduced heartbeat. They think I have had a molar pregnancy which I had never heard of. I had to have an operation on Friday and may be refured to a London hospital for loads more tests. So I've gone from twins to nothing to possibly facing chemotherapy it's mental and heart wrenching. No one knows what to say and I don't in honesty it's just gone crazy!

whichcolour Mon 30-Jan-17 21:49:03

flowers Sorry to hear this OP

bluebird1235 Tue 31-Jan-17 06:52:32

I'm so sorry OP, that's heartbreaking flowers

pleasestopsnoring Tue 31-Jan-17 07:01:36

So sorry for you, flowers

MumofthreeandBean Wed 01-Feb-17 15:52:26

So sorry to hear your news flowers
It must be a very difficult time for you x take care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now