Talk

Advanced search

Teenage Triplets

(1 Post)
Kajala Tue 10-Jan-17 13:35:13

My triplets 2 boys and a girl, will be 16 in a couple of weeks time. In a reflective mood I was considering whether it is easier now that they are virtually grown up compared to when they were babies. Yes and no. We are preparing for GCSEs this year and I have all the teenage problems times 3. Staying out late, wanting to go to gatherings, relationships, hormones, exam stress and bullying. I would be lying if I didn't say I was looking forward to the end of this school year. Some things still haven't changed. The reaction from people when you say you have triplets. When I used to push them around in my triple buggy people would stop me and say to my face 'rather you than me', 'bet that's hard work' and it used to make my day when someone came up to me and said 'how lovely' 'fantastic'. It gave me a real lift. Usually I had negative comments which did affect my mood. Even a few weeks ago (I am at college one evening a week) a fellow student was chatting to me in the canteen and when I told him I had triplets the old line came out 'rather you than me.' It has been a fairly unique experience. I had no family close by but had friends who helped a lot. I wasn't afraid to ask a stranger to help me feed them when I was out on my own. I found most people intrigued and willing to help. I even persuaded a supermarket to make me a trolley (for quads - 2 seats at the front and 2 at the back) The supermarkets were always willing to give me an assitant to go round the shop with me and help with the shopping if I rang them first. Why not order online. I did for some things. Bulk ordering of nappies. But I wanted to get out of the house as much as possible with the babies and I did. Obstacles could always be overcome. As I look back I wouldn't change a thing. I have my instant family, well balanced and lovely kids. They have very close ties with each other. Hard work yes but worth it. To the parents who have given birth recently to quads I would wish them every happiness and I would like to say FANTASTIC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now