Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Multiple multiples?

(14 Posts)
RoseOfSharyn Tue 20-Dec-16 20:38:48

Has anyone had multiples then gone on to have a another set of multiples further down the line? I have read that the likelihood of having twins again increases if you already have (non ID) twins.

I have 1 DS and DCDA Ts. In the future I'd love to have another child with my new partner as he doesn't have his own children yet. Just wondering if anyone had any experience of what I'd be dealing with if I ended up having another set of DTs.

timeforheroes Thu 05-Jan-17 03:02:21

No experience as we have an older DS and twin DDs, the girls are non-id and our consultant told a us the chances of us having another set of multiples was 1 in 17. TBH I was that shocked that I didn't even ask for clarification, just the depo! grin

tighterthanscrooge Thu 05-Jan-17 04:20:51

My friend is a twin, and she has older twin brothers as well
Another friend has twin DDs and she's been told it's likely that if she conceives again it'll be twins

AmeliaJack Thu 05-Jan-17 05:27:58

The likelihood of twins increases the older you are and the more pregnancies you have as well.

A friend of a friend has 3 sets of twins. But they live on a farm with lots of space which I imagine helps.

I have twins and I'm deeply impressed that you're considering more! Everyone I know with twins makes it their last pregnancy!! grin

Best wishes with whatever you decide.

sidonie1 Thu 23-Feb-17 14:37:03

I have two sets - two year olds and 3 month babies. Chances are less than 10% so we went for it. At the moment it's ok with moments of madness. I was really anxious about it but it's been ok so far.

sidonie1 Thu 23-Feb-17 14:37:21

I have two sets - two year olds and 3 month babies. Chances are less than 10% so we went for it. At the moment it's ok with moments of madness. I was really anxious about it but it's been ok so far.

empirerecordsrocked Sat 25-Feb-17 15:29:47

There were two families of two sets at my twins club.

empirerecordsrocked Sat 25-Feb-17 15:30:20

Wow Sidonie - you must be exhausted!

sidonie1 Sun 26-Feb-17 18:17:37

Yes, four year old too - the three big ones are the trouble!

emmaw1405 Mon 27-Feb-17 14:45:05

Yes - I had a single girl then two sets of girls. I had the second set when my eldest was 4, and the middle set were 20 months.

Would have liked a sixth but I didn't want to risk it.

My maternal grandfather and grandmother are both twins, my nan's twin had twins and there are sets in quite a lot of generations going back.

harrietm87 Wed 01-Mar-17 13:55:16

I've got some friends who are identical twins and so are their younger sisters. They have an older sister too so 5 girls! Both sets identical so the odds must have been high on that happening. No other twins in their family as far as I know.

damnedgrubble Wed 01-Mar-17 13:57:32

We have two sets of twins at work who are siblings, they are just over a year apart.

BuffyFan Thu 02-Mar-17 18:58:34

Once you've had multiples once, the chances of having then again increases, I believe. Though I don't know by how much!

IndianaMoleWoman Thu 02-Mar-17 19:11:31

There was a family on a BBC money saving programme last week who had three sets of twins: 17yr old boys, 15yr old boys then 3yr old girls. It's probably still on iPlayer if you'd like an insight into their lives - short story, it was very expensive and they did five loads of washing a day! They seemed very happy though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now