Talk

Advanced search

How to be a good mum?

(2 Posts)
Twinmummy37 Sat 17-Dec-16 12:39:17

I have 4 year old twins (girls) and feel such a failure at the moment! All I ever seem to do is scream and shout. Simple things like putting toys away or even having their hair brushed for school becomes a battle. OH doesn't seem to understand what I mean if I try to talk to him (in fact it causes arguments with us if I try to talk)
All I want is to do my best for my children but don't know where to start other than sitting in a quiet room and crying!!!!!😢

RubySlippers77 Tue 20-Dec-16 23:57:21

I don't have any top tips Twinmummy (my DTs are boys and only 1) but just so you know you're not alone - have some wine and chocolate from me smile

Is there anyone - close family/ friend - you could talk to apart from OH? (Mine is rubbish too so you have my sympathy!!) Or are you in a twins club or could you join one, I'm sure there would be people there who have been in the same boat?

Failing that perhaps your health visitor or someone through the local children's centre? I know some are better than others, my local one is really good, makes up for the HVs being swamped.

And also..... could anyone have the girls for a day, or even a few hours, to allow you a break? Perhaps going somewhere for a spa day, treating yourself to some child-free shopping, or a cinema trip - whatever you enjoy most - would help you cope a bit better on your return!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now