Talk

Advanced search

Mcda twin induction

(20 Posts)
zjhub Thu 03-Nov-16 17:37:11

Hey mummas so I'm 35+6 with identical twins. I've been booked in to be induced on Monday (36+3) and I am terrified . I've already got two boys and both labours were pretty straight forward so have no idea why I'm in such a state. Any twin mummies got stories to share??

snowsuit Sat 05-Nov-16 13:08:19

No experience of induction but I just had my MCDA boys by c section two days ago. Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly for you! Even with the recovery, having them here is so much easier than the last few weeks of the pregnancy! X

Surf25 Sat 05-Nov-16 14:01:07

Hello! No advice or stories to share but just saying hello and that I am a bit behind you at about 30 weeks so waiting to find out whether I'll be induced or having a section. I had three normal, no intervention deliveries before so am also entering uncharted territory! Marking my place I suppose! Hope it all goes well. And congrats to snowsuit! Lovely news. I don't think there is so much traffic on this thread compared to the other pregnancy ones, sadly!

mellysam Sun 06-Nov-16 08:29:42

I was induced at 38 weeks with DCDA twins so not quite the same but it was generally a positive experience for me.
Lots of monitoring of babies' heartbeats with the two straps over my belly. Had the pessary and although it took a while they were able to break my waters later in the day and I didn't need the drip.
I started with gas and air and then had an epidural later when they moved me through to theatre. Twin 1 born head first at 1am and twin 2 delivered breech half an hour later. I had an episiotomy but apart from some slight stinging discomfort (fixed with paracetamol) was no bother.
Definitely keep moving when you get the opportunity as that helped to bring on my contractions. A ten second walk from the induction room to labour ward started off fine but developed into a half an hour walk of agony. I remember at the time being annoyed that they didn't put me in a wheelchair but they knew what they were doing, helped me get from 3cm to 8cm grin
Best of luck tomorrow

Bumptittybump Sun 06-Nov-16 17:39:31

I was induced at 38 weeks too and was a lot more straightforward than I was expecting. Pessary about 9am, started dilating fine with minimal discomfort. Broke my waters early afternoon. That was the worst bit as went very quickly into continuous strong contractions and could hardly even speak or move, I think with the shock. Epidural sorted me out. Didn't need the hormone drip. Had a nice nap whilst my body did it's thing and got to 10cm pretty quickly. Went into delivery theatre at about 10:30. Both born with forceps by midnight. Small episiotomy but recovery fine. Was all a bit surreal as couldn't feel a thing and had to be told when to push. Lots of people around and legs up in stirrups which wasn't pleasant, but nothing traumatic. I think I had built myself up for it to go on for ages and end in an emergency section, so was terrified beforehand too, but really was all fine, just quite medicalised which is to be expected with twins really. I'm 40 + 6 with no. 3 and had my heart set on doing it all 'naturally' this time, but can feel that slipping away...

zjhub Sun 06-Nov-16 20:35:42

Aww firstly congratulations snowsuit that's great hope you are all well. Well thanks ladies it's nice to hear others experiences. My first two labours were quick, my first was induced labour at 41+6 with the drip and was 6 hours start to finish, ended in ventouse delivery but wasn't too bad really (apart from intense contractions because the driver was too high) also had an epidural. My second was spontaneous on his due date 4 hours start to finish and no drugs at all. Was amazing. Haha. So two very different births. I'm
Just terrified this time round sad

Freco010 Sun 06-Nov-16 20:41:02

Remember the terrified feeling very well! I'd had one straight forward labour too and had no reason to be worried but I still felt scared!

mellysam Mon 07-Nov-16 08:45:59

Zjhub with a twin delivery once it all starts going there will be so many people in the room with you, all looking after both you and your babies, although it doesn't sound relaxing I found it massively reassuring

Surf25 Mon 07-Nov-16 22:32:46

Just wanted to say I hope everything is going well today! Hopefully very soon you will have two lovely bundles in your arms, if not already!

zjhub Tue 08-Nov-16 09:26:50

Thanks ladies! Came in at 7pm last night finally got a pessary inserted at 3.30. My cervix was favourable and I was 1cm and midwife said could pop my waters but be difficult. Gave me a really good sweep. I've been having contractions every 10 mins for past hour or so so hopefully not too long grin

snowsuit Tue 08-Nov-16 11:05:02

Ooh how exciting! Good luck smile

Surf25 Tue 08-Nov-16 15:56:34

How exciting! All the best!!

zjhub Wed 09-Nov-16 04:41:21

Thanks for all your advice and help guys emelia and Imogen arrived at 8.50 and 9.25 on 8.11.16 weighing 5ib1oz and 4ib14oz both girls are perfect smile

mellysam Wed 09-Nov-16 10:45:48

Great news congratulations! star

Surf25 Wed 09-Nov-16 18:16:40

Fantastic! Congratulations! Great weights and beautiful names 😄 And for those of us still to go through this...how was the induction and delivery?! Enjoy your perfect wee bundles!

snowsuit Thu 10-Nov-16 14:37:21

Lovely news and beautiful names! congratulations flowers

zjhub Fri 11-Nov-16 18:39:25

Thank you well surf.. It wasn't overly bad, everyone's different. I had the propess put in at 2.30am, when they did it the midwife said my cervix was favourable so it should work. Had a comfy night and no pains or anything. Went for walk at lunch time next morning and a few uncomfortable niggles but nothing major. By 2pm started feeling uncomfy, they put me on the monitor and was contracting too much so put the pessary out and said I was 2cm and would brake waters when a bed on labour ward became free (this was about half4) by 6pm was in agony and contractions were intense (complete different pain to natural contractions in my opinion) midwife took me to labour ward around half 7 where I asked for epidural ( advised by midwife due to chance of having to turn twin 2) midwife said would request anesthetist to come see me but I knew was getting close and told her that I laboured quick. Think she thought I was exaggerating but 10 mins later my waters went and emelia (tw 1) was born. Then room filled up with everyone they needed to be there for delivery. Ended up in theatre because twin 2 was transverse. They gave me spinal and said would
Prob have to have section but would try turn her. They managed but as she was coming out so was the placenta so had to push her back several times. Ended in a forceps delivery and episiotomy, but 5 mins later would have been section. Even though it was an "emergency" I was very lucky that the team that looked after me were amazing and never once did I feel that me or the girls were in danger. They talked me through everything that happened and kept me calm. So even though it wasn't the most pleasant of labours it wasn't bad if that makes sense. My full labour was 1 hour 14 minutes and 50 minutes of that was in theatre. If Imogen (tw 2) hadn't been a monkey then it would have been over so quick . X

Surf25 Sat 12-Nov-16 21:22:19

Thanks so much for sharing your story, it really is helpful to hear from others who have been there before me! Sounds like you were looked after well and confident in your team which is fantastic! Enjoy your lovely wee girls - hope all is going well! 😄

Sweets101 Sat 12-Nov-16 21:27:16

Beautiful names, congratulations flowers

zjhub Sun 13-Nov-16 20:33:06

Thanks guys! Oh your welcome surf I know sometimes it helps just to hear others experiences!! Not long now until you ladies have your bundles too xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now