Getting out with twins and 3 yr old

(4 Posts)
twinmom90 Fri 12-Aug-16 07:41:36

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get out and about with my twin girls and 3 yr old son. The twins are 5 months and whenever there out at least one will be crying. I don't feel like I can take my son anywhere not even the park for half hour . The babies are fed and changed just before I leave so they're not hungry. It gets very depressing being stuck in all day on nice sunny days and I feel so bad for my 3 yr old. My dp works long hours and is shattered when he's home but does a lot to help at weekends. My family don't live close and friends all work in the week and come weekend are doing there own things so I'm not getting any physical help at all. I'm feeling so bad for my son atm. Any suggestions would be welcome.

cakesandphotos Fri 12-Aug-16 10:11:33

I'm not a mum but I'm a nanny of twins, a 3 year old and a 5 year old. Is there any multiple baby group you can get to? That way you can meet mum's in the same boat who are free during the week and then hopefully meet up at the park and have some support.
Failing a multiple baby group, any baby and toddler group would at least get you out and from what I've experienced of them, there's always plenty of people prepared to take a squawking baby for a while smile

Cadenza1818 Fri 12-Aug-16 18:55:30

Have you got a wrap? I found it to be an enormous help. I also ignored mine crying if I felt they'd been changed, fed etc. Sounds mean but with twins you just can't meet all their needs all the time or you'll end up mad and housebound! Also, does it matter if you have a squawking one? We've all been jn same boat and you're talking about a park not a quiet training carriage or something.. Most ppl won't be bothered by crying.

ElodieS Mon 22-Aug-16 08:47:54

I'd second the wrap idea - mine seemed to alternate being clingy at that age and once everyone was ready it was much easier to get out with one in the sling and the other in the pram, then I could swap them over if they did their alternating game.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now