Talk

Advanced search

29 weeks and both twins still transverse

(9 Posts)
AutumnRose1988 Wed 27-Jul-16 11:28:09

Hi all,

Had a scan last week and twins both still transverse at 29 weeks. I am sure that the top twin has being doing her very best to move into a better position but bottom twin having none of it. Has anyone had any experience with this and found they moved into a better position for birth or am I destined for C-section at this late stage? X

neversleepagain Wed 27-Jul-16 21:36:19

Both mine were transverse from 28 weeks and stayed like that until my emcs at 34+5. Consultant said that he doubted they'd move from 32 weeks due to lack of space.

Two transverse babies causes your uterus to stretch more than normal. Lucky us!

AutumnRose1988 Wed 27-Jul-16 22:39:35

Two transverse babies causes your uterus to stretch more than normal. Lucky us! is that why you needed the emcs if you don't mind me asking? Xx I feel so stretched sometimes and I'm only petite :-(

How were your babies after emcs at 34+5? X

neversleepagain Wed 27-Jul-16 22:50:51

Vaginal birth ruled out at 32 weeks (as presenting twin was transverse) and I was booked in for a cs at 38+0.

I had a routine scan at 34+4 and twin1 had no amniotic fluid (I had no idea!) So I was given steroids with the plan to deliver 48 hours later. The next day I started contracting and they were delivered 1 hour later.

They spent 13 days in scbu. Twin 1 had an infection and needed antibiotics. They also had to learn to feed and maintain body temperatures. They were 5lb4 & 5lb8.

They are now nearly 4 (dcda girls).

Do you know what you're having?

AutumnRose1988 Thu 28-Jul-16 08:56:05

Thank you very much neversleepagain for sharing your story with me flowers

I'm having dcda girls too.

neversleepagain Sat 30-Jul-16 10:55:14

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

April241 Sat 30-Jul-16 17:03:03

Sections are only an absolute based on the position of your presenting twin, so the one closest to your vagina. If your bottom twin turns to head down you can still attempt a vaginal delivery as once baby one is out the can turn baby two if she doesn't turn herself. If twin one is breech/transverse a section will be needed.

At my 26 week scan my twin one was head down and twin two transverse, got my 28 week scan on Wednesday so will see what position they're in then, I've felt a lot of rolling which has been painful at times so I think they might actually both be breech now. I'm opting for an elective section anyway after all my research and discussion with the OH.

Congratulations too smile were having DCDA unkowns :P will find out on the day smile

TheEagle Mon 01-Aug-16 13:34:45

Congrats OP!

My presenting twin was head down until 32 weeks when he turned breech. The second twin was transverse until 30 weeks or so. There is time and space for them to turn.

I went into labour myself at 35+6 and due to presenting twin being footling breech I had an EMCS. Twins spent 3 nights in NICU and we all went home together on Day 5.

My DCDA boys are now 15 months and fine lads!

Good luck flowers

thewalrus Wed 28-Sep-16 13:25:29

Mine weren't transverse, but both breech all through pregnancy until last scan at 36+4. When they were born, by ELCS (as breech) at 38 weeks DT1 had turned around. I hadn't felt it though. Doc said that was unusual, but it can happen.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now