Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 across car seats??

(14 Posts)
Kmoggy Wed 06-Jul-16 21:15:38

I have 2 10 month twins and a baby in the way. The twins will be into the next stage up by time baby arrives! I have a land rover discovery sport and want all 3 in the back, has anyone had any success doing this? I have 2 britax first class which I was told by pram centre fitted and we tried it out, it was a tight squeeze but doable, when I went to mother care they fitted them and said not safe as touching and when you put baby carrier into Isofix vase it pushes against the 2 others seats! I'm so stressed trying to find good solid advice

ELSR30 Thu 07-Jul-16 17:25:24

If you want to throw money at the problem then have a look at the multimac website. Not cheap but would last all the time your children are in car seats with the necessary adapters and safety tests look good. It's basically one unit with three car seats anchored into your back seat. I can see us having to invest in one depending on what car we buy next.

AppleMagic Thu 07-Jul-16 17:28:27

Can you get the Diono Radian RXT in the UK. It's a convertible seat like the first class plus but significantly narrower (I've had both).

AppleMagic Thu 07-Jul-16 17:30:04

I've just googled and I think it's called the Diono Radian 5 in the UK.

BertieBotts Mon 11-Jul-16 19:27:47

Mothercare are telling porkies - it's fine for car seats to touch. Unavoidable, in fact, if you want three across. The point is they must be fitted firmly on their own merit, not leaning on the other seats for support (as they could then fly out in an accident.)

Duckyneedsaclean Wed 13-Jul-16 17:02:51

ELSR30 The multimac is amazing! How had I never heard of it before??

I'm expecting dc 3&4 so might be investing in the 4 seater...

SnowInLove Wed 13-Jul-16 19:13:53

We've got a Multimac and would recommend.

Chickpeachick0 Wed 13-Jul-16 19:21:25

I had 3 maxi cosy car seats across in a range rover and discovery . They did touch.

Runandbecome Thu 14-Jul-16 20:52:53

We've got a 4 seater multimac and it's brilliant. Means you still have space in boot for buggy too.

Bessiebigpants Thu 14-Jul-16 20:55:56

I was in the same boat 12 years ago.Renault scenic yes its a mum car but you can get three chunky car seats in a triple buggy in the boot and still have space for shopping.grin

baringan Thu 14-Jul-16 20:57:22

Fiat multipla. 3 full sized adult seats in the back and front

Daytona79 Thu 14-Jul-16 21:05:09

Get a multimac

Iwantagoonthetrampoline Thu 14-Jul-16 22:29:00

We've been thinking about getting a multimac with no. 3 on the way. Has anyone used with older children? How comfortable are they with still being in a 5 point belt?

SnowInLove Fri 15-Jul-16 22:49:46

We have 3 year old twins and a 9.5yo. She likes the harness and thinks it's a novelty. The only problem I see in the future is whether she thinks it's 'unladylike', iyswim. At that point we'll probably switch to using it with a normal seatbelt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now