Talk

Advanced search

D' ya ever wonder if we'll get through in one piece?

(278 Posts)
Minisoksmakehardwork Mon 30-May-16 09:45:12

Morning girls. I've found us a new home <rolls out shagpile, pushes fully laden trolley into corner. Brews tea and puts coffee in cafetière. Wafts smells of freshly baked cakes out of the door and arranges flowers in vases. Hangs pictures on the wall. Taps foot impatiently waiting for comfy sofas to arrive>

So as we were so nearly finished the thread I did my best to fill it up to completion. I hope you don't mind. I'm hoping you all find your way here too from then links I have sent.

This morning is dull and breezy in minisoks area. We're supposed to be meeting friends (though with no fixed arrangements) and dh is currently snoring his head off in bed. I might be slightly annoyed as my lie in yesterday got cut short with James waking me up to get his kindle and then my parents texting me to come over. I can't really grumble about that as they were bringing Emily her birthday presents but still. I think he's now had enough so I'm not discouraging the noise and thumping up and down stairs. 8 years old! So I now have an 8 year old, a 6 year old and the twins are 4! I can't believe how much they are all changing and growing. Jen does gymnastics, Joshy does toddler football. James is on an under 6's team (I've no idea how that works either) and has been invested in beavers. Emily is loving brownies and hockey, although hockey has finished until September . We're just trying to get some practise in for her so she doesn't completely forget what she's learnt.

Oh, and not forgetting Merlin the magnificent. He's a gorgeous puss, even if the children do love him to torturous degrees - poor kitten hides when he's had enough 'love'.

Enough of me, how the devil are you all?

shabbs Thu 14-Jul-16 09:43:08

blush few too many mentions of arse in that last post!!! <<searches for her flip flops and Faliraki tassles lost somewhere in the shag pile>>

minisoksmakehardwork Tue 19-Jul-16 23:47:07

I've been away too long again. Trips, it's not fair. You're right. But as Shabs says, you have a plan to follow and fingers crossed it's just suspicious and nothing too dreadful.

We nearly lost the house! 40 minutes salvation from being homeless. Not good. Partly my fault, partly dh's for burying his head in the sand too. He's got me watching 'eat well for less' right now. I did feel like suggesting I didn't take him shopping and that might help. However, it has made it easier to say 'no' to him.

Jen and Josh 'graduate' from preschool tomorrow. They've come so far in two years there. Then September brings big school. shock

minisoksmakehardwork Wed 27-Jul-16 11:14:31

Yay! Joshy is riding his bike without stabilisers. So proud of the munchkin.

triplets Tue 02-Aug-16 08:48:52

Update! Had traumatic 45 min mri last night, now the worst part is waiting and getting the result of it and the ct scan. I cant believe how terrified I m feeling, being such a coward. Hows everyone else.............wheres everyone else? xx

triplets Tue 02-Aug-16 22:10:12

"Big school" Soks..............how did that happen shock

triplets Thu 04-Aug-16 04:33:54

Had no results yet but out of the blue got a call yesterday giving me a date for surgery, Aug 15th!! Very anxious sad xx

minisoksmakehardwork Thu 04-Aug-16 10:33:00

Hopefully everyone is enjoying some sun!

Are you in hospital now until the surgery or home Trips? How utterly frustrating though. Hopefully it will sort you out though.

And yes. Big school! I can't believe it.

triplets Thu 04-Aug-16 22:44:13

Hi Soks I am home, got to go to the hosp in the morning for pre assessment and am just a bag of nerves. Then in on the 14th for surgery on the 15th............cant tell you how my stomach is churning sad x

triplets Sat 06-Aug-16 04:49:49

Well girls........went for pre op assessment to be told I was having a full hysterectomy! They thought I knew. Tod them I wasn't seeing the gynae until Tues and had not been given the ct and mri result. She apologized and said I should have see him first! Then my blood pressure was sky high and then they tried twice and couldn't take blood! A very traumatic morning. So came home and was told to contact my gp about the blood pressure. Was lucky to get an appointment in the afternoon and it was one of my fav doctors. I was in such a state, poured it all out what was happening. He said would I like to know my c and mri result, he could phone and get them, bravely I said yes. He must have been a good 10 mins listening to the other person at the end of the phone, I was a nervous wreck. The scans thank God sho no signs of cancer anywhere else in my body. But the cyst they are now saying may be a mass, its all tangled up with everything else which is why its now a full hysterectomy. So he is sayin even if it is cancerous by removing it all that should be the end of it all for me. God I hope so. He has given me some meds to bring the bp down, took one before I went to bed but woke at 3am feeling yuk so hence on here since then! Was hoping I would sleep better tonight! x

minisoksmakehardwork Sat 06-Aug-16 09:00:02

trips! Have you recovered from that shock yet? I'm not surprised your BP was high after that though.

Fingers crossed for you that this really does sort it for you.

Minisoksmakehardwork Wed 10-Aug-16 07:49:36

shock you lot really are an accident prone bunch lol.

Minisoksmakehardwork Thu 11-Aug-16 11:02:50

<rolls self in shag pile and sticks fingers in ears la la la la la> avoiding conflict is being practised today here. Well, I'm practising avoiding. James is practising creating it!

triplets Fri 12-Aug-16 23:02:46

Hi girls wont be around for a while sad Into hospital on Sun for full hysterectomy on Monday. Saw the consultant on Tues and had a shock. The large cyst is not the main problem, there is a smaller one which he thinks is malignant. He doesn't know if its from the ovary/fallopian tube or even the appendix so everything is to be removed. He then said he will look for white spots, microscopic spores that may have spread and even mentioned chemo. I am so so scared and cannot believe when I look and feel so well it has come to this. So fingers all x`d........no trolley duty for a while! xx

triplets Sun 14-Aug-16 07:17:59

Morning girls........todays the day I go in, bowel prep.....how lovely! Surgery some time tomorrow and hopefully home on Thurs. It all sounds so scary, praying for the best outcome. Love to all....Trips xx

Minisoksmakehardwork Sun 14-Aug-16 09:07:55

Trips I'm hoping the bowel prep is the worst thing out of all this for you and also praying for the best outcome.

Much love to you. brewflowers

Minisoksmakehardwork Mon 15-Aug-16 18:04:38

Thinking of you today Trips and hoping your recovery is swift and painless.

shabbs Mon 15-Aug-16 20:43:34

Sending love and massive hug to you Trips - hope it all goes well and you are home asap. xxxxx

Minisoksmakehardwork Tue 16-Aug-16 16:15:59

Enjoying some outdoors. Mostly forced into supervising dc as others see fit to let their little treasures roam without consequence. Ho hum. At least it's a lovely day.

shabbs Thu 18-Aug-16 09:59:07

Morning girls.

Hope everything has gone well for you Trips - just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and sending my love xxxx

Minisoksmakehardwork Thu 18-Aug-16 18:34:03

Hope you're home now Trips and being very well looked after. Much love winebrewcakeflowerschocolate

Minisoksmakehardwork Sun 21-Aug-16 04:20:51

Awake and slightly stressing.

Jen finally got to see ENT about her ears following the flat hearing test. She kindly declined to cooperate with suctioning out the wax after 3 weeks of ear drops 3x a day so it's now being done under general anaesthetic, with the option of putting in grommets at the same time if needed.

Pre-op went well, was told waiting list was up to 18 weeks. Not too bad but was hoping for a bit sooner considering the chasing up I had to do to get it. By the time I got home, the hospital had rung to offer us a cancellation. On Wednesday afternoon!

Great! I accepted. But then remembered my sister had asked me to have her kids Thursday AM as she's got to work in Coventry, and dh is on nights. My mum can't won't be able to help as she can't take time off work short notice (that I don't mind but I know if I can't have Sister's girls she'll end up taking time off for her).

So now I'm hoping Jen isn't a bugger like her brother was and comes round from the anaesthetic ok so we can come home the same day. Although if op comes through for children's ward I've been told that's an overnight stay automatically. If it's day surgery centre we can go, all being well.

I can't ask in laws to help as fil is suffering majorly with a hernia and when he went last week for his pre op the day before his op was booked, he was told they can't do it as elective surgery due to a medication he's on. So he's now booked in for the end of sept when he will be off it (heart med, no benefit after 12 months). Obv if it becomes an emergency then it will be done but all of us are hoping it doesn't, even though he really is quite ill with it.

Aaaaaaah!

So now my options are hoping for the best, potentially leaving Jen alone in hospital over night (worst case scenario 1) or begging sis to have mine with dh picking them and hers up when he finishes work thurs 7am (worst case scenario 2).

triplets Mon 22-Aug-16 18:39:58

Morning girls........todays the day I go in, bowel prep.....how lovely! Surgery some time tomorrow and hopefully home on Thurs. It all sounds so scary, praying for the best outcome. Love to all....Trips xx

triplets Mon 22-Aug-16 18:43:46

Hi girls sorry no trolley duty allowed for the next 6 weeks. Op went well, 4cm tumour removed along with everything else. Anxious wait for the histology report but already told will need chemo. Feel mentally and physically battered. Glad to be home. xx

shabbs Mon 22-Aug-16 19:25:06

Piggin' 'ell Trips.....distance is so frustrating - if I only lived closer to you to help in some way. Take care of yourself love xxx

Minisoksmakehardwork Mon 22-Aug-16 19:48:51

Glad you're home Trips. We'll fluff the cushions and see you're comfy on the sofa, cuppa in one hand and biscuits within easy reach.

I might have scrapped my car in Tesco tonight. I might also have done the same to the neighbouring parked carblushangry dh is not happy with me. Although it was a bloody accident. He's working loads and it feels like money is just spinning down the plug hole at the minute b

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »