Talk

Advanced search

D' ya ever wonder if we'll get through in one piece?

(278 Posts)
Minisoksmakehardwork Mon 30-May-16 09:45:12

Morning girls. I've found us a new home <rolls out shagpile, pushes fully laden trolley into corner. Brews tea and puts coffee in cafetière. Wafts smells of freshly baked cakes out of the door and arranges flowers in vases. Hangs pictures on the wall. Taps foot impatiently waiting for comfy sofas to arrive>

So as we were so nearly finished the thread I did my best to fill it up to completion. I hope you don't mind. I'm hoping you all find your way here too from then links I have sent.

This morning is dull and breezy in minisoks area. We're supposed to be meeting friends (though with no fixed arrangements) and dh is currently snoring his head off in bed. I might be slightly annoyed as my lie in yesterday got cut short with James waking me up to get his kindle and then my parents texting me to come over. I can't really grumble about that as they were bringing Emily her birthday presents but still. I think he's now had enough so I'm not discouraging the noise and thumping up and down stairs. 8 years old! So I now have an 8 year old, a 6 year old and the twins are 4! I can't believe how much they are all changing and growing. Jen does gymnastics, Joshy does toddler football. James is on an under 6's team (I've no idea how that works either) and has been invested in beavers. Emily is loving brownies and hockey, although hockey has finished until September . We're just trying to get some practise in for her so she doesn't completely forget what she's learnt.

Oh, and not forgetting Merlin the magnificent. He's a gorgeous puss, even if the children do love him to torturous degrees - poor kitten hides when he's had enough 'love'.

Enough of me, how the devil are you all?

shabbs Mon 30-May-16 10:58:39

Morning girls xx

Minisoksmakehardwork Mon 30-May-16 22:05:18

Shhhh. Two have been packed off to Nana and Grandad's. One is going to soccer school tomorrow. I'm having a day with my littlest girlie smile

triplets Mon 30-May-16 23:25:13

Well done Soks........glad you have taken over trolley duty.........I can sit back and relax whilst someone else does the cooking! Never forget the chocolate covered nuts, I am not fussy but must be from M&S........ha ha! Your little ones are growing up fast! x

triplets Thu 02-Jun-16 08:31:06

Twenty two years ago today since you left us. My heart is breaking for all the life you lost and we lost with you. Love you forever, miss you forever, my lovely special boy. xxx

JugglingFromHereToThere Thu 02-Jun-16 08:39:35

A beautiful picture of your son triplets
Am so sorry for your loss flowers

Would you like to share any stories with us as you remember him especially today?

shabbs Thu 02-Jun-16 12:07:47

Thinking of you today Trips - as always - love his handsome smile on that picture. Hope he has found my sons and they are causing havoc. Sending a massive hug and my love xxx

Minisoksmakehardwork Thu 02-Jun-16 22:25:01

Thinking of you Trips <box of tissues, large bowl of m&s choccy nuts on trolley - grab them before Merlin does>

Minisoksmakehardwork Fri 03-Jun-16 16:11:19

Aaaaaaaaaaaah! Can't I tell half term is nearly over! None of them have done a blasted thing I've asked begged, cajoled all bloody day. And now Jen and josh are both early to bed due to their persistent ignoring me and pestering Merlin. He had his second vaccs and was chipped today. Was so good bless him.

triplets Fri 03-Jun-16 16:54:12

<< grabs nuts before Merlin does and hides under pillow for bed time snack>>
Thanks Shabs and Soks.............feel so relieved the day is over but am now feeling bad as I didn't go to the cemetry as I couldn't face it. My sil went and said it needs weeding sad x

Minisoksmakehardwork Fri 03-Jun-16 20:10:35

Don't feel bad for not going Trips. There are another 364 days when you can go. Sometimes the thought of bumping into other people, however well meaning, on days like yesterday is too much to bear. You need to look after yourself, not pin on that bright face and be positive in your grief just so others aren't made uncomfortable.

Could sil not weed it for you, or is that taking the care you can still do away?

shabbs Sun 05-Jun-16 14:41:21

Trips - the last time I went to the cemetry was almost two years ago - I went to look at my Dads headstone. I cant bear to go there - there in a row are my grandparents, my sons and then my Dad. I dont care what people think about me not going - its nothing to do with anybody else. Instead of telling you that it needed weeding she should have bloody done it <<walks away and kicks the door.....hard>>

Minisoksmakehardwork Tue 07-Jun-16 11:36:20

Morning. <drags weary arse through door and flops on shagpile>. At least the bugs are back at school today. I think dh's alarm went off at the ungodly hour of 5am to make sure we were all done and ready. And we were, until James decided he didn't want to go to school and cooperation went out the window. Joy.

Minisoksmakehardwork Mon 13-Jun-16 10:41:32

Having a happy 'one twin' day today. Jennifer is at preschool so it's mummy and Joshua today. Raining here. Hope you are all having better weather.

Today's tasks are making the house look presentable and visiting my grandma. Hoping I can get her in the shower today. If yesterday continued as Saturday started, she's going to need it envy

Yesterday I was at our patron's lunch event for district guiding. Lots of rain can't dampen their spirits. Bouncy castles, may like dancing and go-karting, amongst other things, in the horrid, wet rain. It wasn't too heavy but was very drenching.

Minisoksmakehardwork Thu 23-Jun-16 07:52:19

<peers round door, eerie silence in the shagpile. Piles trolley with pickled onion monster munch, cake. Boils kettle and lays out mugs ready for tea and coffee. Whistles while she waits>

So... this week, Emily jumped in the river and Jennifer tries to burn the house down...

triplets Thu 30-Jun-16 04:11:02

Awake at 2.30am because I am scared. Shabs knows. For the last 4/5 weeks maybe a bit longer my abdomen has felt hard, wake in the morning and it felt swollen and I thought it was a full bladder or something. Then two weeks ago I felt a swelling to the right of my navel and if I pressed on it it moved. Worried I made a docs apt which was yesterday at 7.30am! I was praying she would say its a hernia but its not. She can feel a mass, not in my stomach, womb or poss ovary. She has fast tracked me, already had bloods done and got an ultrasound today at 12.30pm. I am terrified. Got my soldier boy coming home on Frid from Germany and was so looking forward to it and we were hoping to find a break and go away for 3/4 days. Gp said no, better to get the scan out of the way first. I have completely gone to pieces, my biggest fear is to be told its cancer, just wanted to have some peace in my life. The early hours of the morning are awful......... xx

shabbs Thu 30-Jun-16 10:46:33

My dear 'forever friend' - I know I always say the same stuff BUT.....once you know whats going on you can make plans. You can get things organised in your mind and you can 'do this' I know that for sure. You are an amazing wife, mum and friend - one of the bravest people that I know. You have marched through some of the most difficult, heartbreaking situations and you will get through whatever todays tests throw at you. I hope you know that I am always, always here for you. Many miles separate us but that makes no difference. xxxx

triplets Sat 02-Jul-16 01:25:49

Shabs.........what the hell would I do without you, joined at the hips we were at birth! Ultrasound showed large cyst 20x18cm, no other info, may be benign may not. Got a hospital appointment today, 13th July at Canterbury. So uncomfortable tonight I cant lie down sad Had Annas mum round tonight, spent 3 hours with me which made me feel a lot better. xx

triplets Tue 05-Jul-16 07:17:59

Morning all........feeling much more relieved, bloods tests all clear so looks like its a benign cyst, although massive, I look like I di carrying these three! Just want it removed then, getting really uncomfortable. Is everyone else ok, we seem to be sparse on the ground these days. xx

shabbs Wed 06-Jul-16 11:44:54

Brilliant news Trips - hope they get you sorted very soon xxxx

Minisoksmakehardwork Thu 07-Jul-16 12:54:00

Sorry for the absence. James has been keeping us very busy lately. He is such a ball of... Well, who knows. Anger? Frustration? Misunderstanding? We've a family worker from the locality team and school are likely to get their knuckles rapped.

Trips it's not long until the 13th so hopefully it will continue to be good news and that cyst will soon be gone.

Twins are doing well. Finally got Jen's ent appointment. Joshua has finally seen the opthamologist again, only over a month after he should have done. I've had my wrists slapped re his design of glasses (too bag a lense space) and stopping the eye drops after the 3 extra weeks he gave us. Although, had we had the appointment when we should have done... So Joshy now has another 7 weeks of eye drops shock

Had their preschool parent consultation earlier. They're doing great and preschool are quite emotional about their leavers this year. Most of them have been with them 2 years, and the twins were literally just turned 2 when they started. It's funny looking at how much they have changed over this time.

triplets Wed 13-Jul-16 07:57:32

Todays the day, wish me luck girls. x

shabbs Wed 13-Jul-16 09:10:48

Good luck me owd mucker. xxx

triplets Thu 14-Jul-16 08:13:17

The title of this thread is exactly how I feel. Didn't get the news I wanted at the hospital yesterday. Was told the cyst is suspicious, that it contains hard matter. So now urgent ct and mri scan then open surgery to remove the cyst. Hardly slept last night, am so scared. Just as life had settled down again with Harry and all the kids lives changing, its just not fair sad x

shabbs Thu 14-Jul-16 09:41:53

It's not fair Trips - not fair in any sense of the word. Me and thee have marched through so much....so very much BUT we are tough owd birds. I am afraid it is time for you to 'kick arse' again love. You know the 'arse kicking' that we did about our lads, and coping with the death of parents, and spouses illnesses. You now have a 'plan' in place. You have a list of events that have to happen and, without sounding like a patronising cow, you are luckier than some who ignore how they are feeling and dont go to the GP. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you will come 'through this' kicking arse along the way. Right......head up, shoulders back and pin on a smile - YOU CAN DO THIS, I KNOW YOU CAN. Feel free to shout Malaker at every opportunity. Always here for you, even though many miles separate us xxxxx

shabbs Thu 14-Jul-16 09:43:08

blush few too many mentions of arse in that last post!!! <<searches for her flip flops and Faliraki tassles lost somewhere in the shag pile>>

minisoksmakehardwork Tue 19-Jul-16 23:47:07

I've been away too long again. Trips, it's not fair. You're right. But as Shabs says, you have a plan to follow and fingers crossed it's just suspicious and nothing too dreadful.

We nearly lost the house! 40 minutes salvation from being homeless. Not good. Partly my fault, partly dh's for burying his head in the sand too. He's got me watching 'eat well for less' right now. I did feel like suggesting I didn't take him shopping and that might help. However, it has made it easier to say 'no' to him.

Jen and Josh 'graduate' from preschool tomorrow. They've come so far in two years there. Then September brings big school. shock

minisoksmakehardwork Wed 27-Jul-16 11:14:31

Yay! Joshy is riding his bike without stabilisers. So proud of the munchkin.

triplets Tue 02-Aug-16 08:48:52

Update! Had traumatic 45 min mri last night, now the worst part is waiting and getting the result of it and the ct scan. I cant believe how terrified I m feeling, being such a coward. Hows everyone else.............wheres everyone else? xx

triplets Tue 02-Aug-16 22:10:12

"Big school" Soks..............how did that happen shock

triplets Thu 04-Aug-16 04:33:54

Had no results yet but out of the blue got a call yesterday giving me a date for surgery, Aug 15th!! Very anxious sad xx

minisoksmakehardwork Thu 04-Aug-16 10:33:00

Hopefully everyone is enjoying some sun!

Are you in hospital now until the surgery or home Trips? How utterly frustrating though. Hopefully it will sort you out though.

And yes. Big school! I can't believe it.

triplets Thu 04-Aug-16 22:44:13

Hi Soks I am home, got to go to the hosp in the morning for pre assessment and am just a bag of nerves. Then in on the 14th for surgery on the 15th............cant tell you how my stomach is churning sad x

triplets Sat 06-Aug-16 04:49:49

Well girls........went for pre op assessment to be told I was having a full hysterectomy! They thought I knew. Tod them I wasn't seeing the gynae until Tues and had not been given the ct and mri result. She apologized and said I should have see him first! Then my blood pressure was sky high and then they tried twice and couldn't take blood! A very traumatic morning. So came home and was told to contact my gp about the blood pressure. Was lucky to get an appointment in the afternoon and it was one of my fav doctors. I was in such a state, poured it all out what was happening. He said would I like to know my c and mri result, he could phone and get them, bravely I said yes. He must have been a good 10 mins listening to the other person at the end of the phone, I was a nervous wreck. The scans thank God sho no signs of cancer anywhere else in my body. But the cyst they are now saying may be a mass, its all tangled up with everything else which is why its now a full hysterectomy. So he is sayin even if it is cancerous by removing it all that should be the end of it all for me. God I hope so. He has given me some meds to bring the bp down, took one before I went to bed but woke at 3am feeling yuk so hence on here since then! Was hoping I would sleep better tonight! x

minisoksmakehardwork Sat 06-Aug-16 09:00:02

trips! Have you recovered from that shock yet? I'm not surprised your BP was high after that though.

Fingers crossed for you that this really does sort it for you.

Minisoksmakehardwork Wed 10-Aug-16 07:49:36

shock you lot really are an accident prone bunch lol.

Minisoksmakehardwork Thu 11-Aug-16 11:02:50

<rolls self in shag pile and sticks fingers in ears la la la la la> avoiding conflict is being practised today here. Well, I'm practising avoiding. James is practising creating it!

triplets Fri 12-Aug-16 23:02:46

Hi girls wont be around for a while sad Into hospital on Sun for full hysterectomy on Monday. Saw the consultant on Tues and had a shock. The large cyst is not the main problem, there is a smaller one which he thinks is malignant. He doesn't know if its from the ovary/fallopian tube or even the appendix so everything is to be removed. He then said he will look for white spots, microscopic spores that may have spread and even mentioned chemo. I am so so scared and cannot believe when I look and feel so well it has come to this. So fingers all x`d........no trolley duty for a while! xx

triplets Sun 14-Aug-16 07:17:59

Morning girls........todays the day I go in, bowel prep.....how lovely! Surgery some time tomorrow and hopefully home on Thurs. It all sounds so scary, praying for the best outcome. Love to all....Trips xx

Minisoksmakehardwork Sun 14-Aug-16 09:07:55

Trips I'm hoping the bowel prep is the worst thing out of all this for you and also praying for the best outcome.

Much love to you. brewflowers

Minisoksmakehardwork Mon 15-Aug-16 18:04:38

Thinking of you today Trips and hoping your recovery is swift and painless.

shabbs Mon 15-Aug-16 20:43:34

Sending love and massive hug to you Trips - hope it all goes well and you are home asap. xxxxx

Minisoksmakehardwork Tue 16-Aug-16 16:15:59

Enjoying some outdoors. Mostly forced into supervising dc as others see fit to let their little treasures roam without consequence. Ho hum. At least it's a lovely day.

shabbs Thu 18-Aug-16 09:59:07

Morning girls.

Hope everything has gone well for you Trips - just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and sending my love xxxx

Minisoksmakehardwork Thu 18-Aug-16 18:34:03

Hope you're home now Trips and being very well looked after. Much love winebrewcakeflowerschocolate

Minisoksmakehardwork Sun 21-Aug-16 04:20:51

Awake and slightly stressing.

Jen finally got to see ENT about her ears following the flat hearing test. She kindly declined to cooperate with suctioning out the wax after 3 weeks of ear drops 3x a day so it's now being done under general anaesthetic, with the option of putting in grommets at the same time if needed.

Pre-op went well, was told waiting list was up to 18 weeks. Not too bad but was hoping for a bit sooner considering the chasing up I had to do to get it. By the time I got home, the hospital had rung to offer us a cancellation. On Wednesday afternoon!

Great! I accepted. But then remembered my sister had asked me to have her kids Thursday AM as she's got to work in Coventry, and dh is on nights. My mum can't won't be able to help as she can't take time off work short notice (that I don't mind but I know if I can't have Sister's girls she'll end up taking time off for her).

So now I'm hoping Jen isn't a bugger like her brother was and comes round from the anaesthetic ok so we can come home the same day. Although if op comes through for children's ward I've been told that's an overnight stay automatically. If it's day surgery centre we can go, all being well.

I can't ask in laws to help as fil is suffering majorly with a hernia and when he went last week for his pre op the day before his op was booked, he was told they can't do it as elective surgery due to a medication he's on. So he's now booked in for the end of sept when he will be off it (heart med, no benefit after 12 months). Obv if it becomes an emergency then it will be done but all of us are hoping it doesn't, even though he really is quite ill with it.

Aaaaaaah!

So now my options are hoping for the best, potentially leaving Jen alone in hospital over night (worst case scenario 1) or begging sis to have mine with dh picking them and hers up when he finishes work thurs 7am (worst case scenario 2).

triplets Mon 22-Aug-16 18:39:58

Morning girls........todays the day I go in, bowel prep.....how lovely! Surgery some time tomorrow and hopefully home on Thurs. It all sounds so scary, praying for the best outcome. Love to all....Trips xx

triplets Mon 22-Aug-16 18:43:46

Hi girls sorry no trolley duty allowed for the next 6 weeks. Op went well, 4cm tumour removed along with everything else. Anxious wait for the histology report but already told will need chemo. Feel mentally and physically battered. Glad to be home. xx

shabbs Mon 22-Aug-16 19:25:06

Piggin' 'ell Trips.....distance is so frustrating - if I only lived closer to you to help in some way. Take care of yourself love xxx

Minisoksmakehardwork Mon 22-Aug-16 19:48:51

Glad you're home Trips. We'll fluff the cushions and see you're comfy on the sofa, cuppa in one hand and biscuits within easy reach.

I might have scrapped my car in Tesco tonight. I might also have done the same to the neighbouring parked carblushangry dh is not happy with me. Although it was a bloody accident. He's working loads and it feels like money is just spinning down the plug hole at the minute b

triplets Wed 24-Aug-16 22:12:47

Hi girls..........this heat is killing me with the theatre socks still on for another week! Went out for the first time today just to the doctors to get half the metal clips out, rest tomorrow...........ouch!! Feeling stronger every day, up and down mentally, panic sets in in the small hours. Had a lovely surprise at 2.15am today, phone rang and it was my soldier boy in Canada, he is on a 31 day exercise and only gets his phone back when it maintenance days. He was so worried about me bless him. Hoping to get more sleep tonight but its baking in here! Kale Nits xx

shabbs Thu 25-Aug-16 20:03:53

Ouch to the doctors trip but brilliant that your lad contacted you - hope you are soon fighting fit my dear friend xx

triplets Thu 25-Aug-16 22:35:53

Back to docs and had the rest of the stales out, not too painful. Bit worried about one area that hasn't quite knitted together so she put steri strips on and a big dressing and now have to go back again next Tues! May have tried to do too much today, only stuff like peeling spuds sitting down but feel worn out! Hate being like this!! x

shabbs Sun 28-Aug-16 19:01:20

Hope you are improving each day Trips - know what you mean about being ill and having to try and take things easy - drives me mad!! <<whispers quietly>> there is only here that I can say how I feel lol.....this is our third year without going to Greece and there is no chance we will be able to go again for the foreseeable future. Had a video call on facebook from Ged - he used to be the resident entertainments bloke at our hotel in Faliraki. A crackpot Scouser who Tom loved from the first time he ever met him - when Tom was just 4. I know this will sound daft but after he finished the call I sat here sulking and crying like a baby <<hits her own face hard>> daft isint it? Ah well - think we need another virtual holiday Trips. xx

Minisoksmakehardwork Sun 04-Sep-16 18:12:54

How's it going Trips? Hope recovery is still going in the right direction.

Shabs, I hope you get back to Greece soon. I have a love for Cornwall and miss the place terribly. Not quite the same but close enough to empathise. We won't get there this year. No time!

I can't believe it's only 2 more sleeps until the twins start school! More and more I'm thinking of what I'm going to be able to achieve once they are there full time. I'll be childminding from October, for a local mum I know. Her daughters are lovely and the youngest seems to like me apparently.

Minisoksmakehardwork Tue 06-Sep-16 10:14:02

What's that I hear? The sound of a kettle quietly boiling, tea bag in mug. The sky box tuned to a radio station of my choosing. The gentle snore of a sleeping husband. Silence!!

Jennifer and Joshua have started school. Of course I will be picking them up at lunch time. But for the first time in weeks I can go to the loo without a constant stream of visitors or having to shriek at them 'just because I'm out of the room'. Bliss.

shabbs Tue 06-Sep-16 11:31:56

I feel like I have gone deaf!! Only had Lew for four weeks over the summer - they had two lovely weeks holiday - one in Angelsey and one in Newquay. Its sooooo quiet here - no 'Annnnnnnnndma can we, can I, Im hungry etc etc. He is a wonderful lad, and I love him with all my heart - BUT I am enjoying today.

Minisoksmakehardwork Sun 18-Sep-16 21:43:28

Ha ha ha.

Guess what??? The twins started school <sobs>. Tomorrow they will be full time 8:55-3:05. I've joined the pta!

Can't believe yours are off to uni and such now trips. It seems so far away right now.

shabbs Mon 19-Sep-16 22:09:53

One of my friends just posted this on Facebook....it says it all....

Nobody saw you,
nobody at all

at 3am when
they woke again.

Nobody saw you
picking up the peas,
wiping up the beans,
emptying the laundry basket,
taking out the bins

again
and again.

Nobody saw the crust of toast
that fell out of your bra when you got undressed at night,
such a glamorous life

being mum

wiping noses
washing faces
trying to stay calm.

(for fuckssake)

Nobody saw you
when you were so bored of playing princess ninja pirate turtles
but you said, ‘ok,
just five more minutes,
just one more time,
just one more go,
just one more round’

and then said it again ten minutes later.

Nobody saw you
holding the toddler who wouldn’t be put down
but also wouldn’t go in the buggy
but also wanted to walk but only in the opposite direction
and ‘oh look!
a stick/discarded lolly/dog poo/pebble/cigarette butt/the sky!’

Nobody saw you holding the sick bucket in the night
or on the way back from school
nobody saw you holding a jacket,
a rucksack, a book bag, a sunhat,
a scooter, the baby, a half-eaten apple
and an art project made out of three cereal boxes taped together
and covered in glitter glue,

holding soft little hands at bed time,
holding angry little bodies still kicking and shouting,

holding it together,
holding on,

holding a hungry little head
to a boob as hard as concrete
in those early days
of chaos.

Nobody saw you winding the bobbin up
and winding it back again
and pointing to the ceiling
and pointing to the floor
and pointing to the window
and pointing to the door.

Nobody saw you when it was raining again
and the kids were sick
and you didn’t leave the house for three days.

Nobody saw that.

Nobody saw how many times you watched ‘The Gruffalo,’
on the third day,
how many times you read about what happened to igglepiggle’s blanket
or the one about the inappropriate pets
sent by the zoo.

Nobody saw you in the car
when you dropped the baby off for the first time
when you promised yourself you wouldn’t
but you cried all the way home
all the same.

Nobody saw when you were empty
but you gave something
but you made something
but you thought of a game
but you said sorry to a little face
for being cross, for snapping again.

I haven’t seen you for a while
we haven’t chatted for too long
but I when I see those lovely pictures of your kids
you post sometimes

I feel like I am seeing you,

the mum behind the kids
behind the babies
and the bumps
and the toddlers smiling into the camera

I see the wipes and the nappies and the games and the songs
I see the snot and the poo and the tantrums and the kisses
I see you putting little arms
into little cardigans
and brushing tiny teeth.

(whilst being kicked in the face)

Nobody sees all of the things that you do
all of the ways that you manage
and with questions like,
‘So when are you going back to work?’
You can end up feeling like one of the hardest jobs
you have or will ever have done
is simply reduced to dossing around at home.

Nobody sees you sometimes
but you are building something
that will never be torn down
a love that cannot be removed

and sometimes it is boring
and sometimes it is the worst
and sometimes you have never been happier

Nobody saw how much you gave
every day
every night
every 5am
every 5pm
every moment.

Have I ever told you
that I think
you are such a wonderful Mum?

Let’s get pissed together soon ok?

Minisoksmakehardwork Mon 19-Sep-16 23:51:55

Oh that just sums it all up shabs.

Minisoksmakehardwork Tue 20-Sep-16 21:49:37

WHERE IS EVERYONE??? <peers through a fog of dust and glinting empties>

triplets Thu 22-Sep-16 00:39:24

<< oils trolley, wipes dust off with sleeve, piles high with homemade quiche, cold chicken and left over potato salad, two cans of John Smiths and half a bottle of flat Lucozade>>

Good morning girls, apologies for being awol...........most of you know whats going on with me I think. Oh summary for those that don't. Had full hysterectomy 5 weeks ago, still recovering, still sore and swollen and tired and fed up of having to rest! Histology results were in 2 weeks ago, ovarian cancer stage 1c2. Had dreadful first appointment with the oncologist last Mon, I was sick with nerves. Now waiting to hear when chemo starts, 6 cycles 3 weeks apart of carboplatin. Will finish around Jan...............cant believe I am typing this. Its been caught early so I am very lucky, the chemo is precautionary though I will have an 18-20% chance of a recurrence. Such a blood awful summer. Down to three of us now, Rebecca has gone off to her new life at uni with her boyfriend, had on 5 min call in almost a week, then she didn't ask how I was sad Soldier boy flies back to Germany from Canada on Sat, hoping to be home end of Oct for a week, haven't seen him since July. Dh been so good to me, kept me sane and really looked after me. Have now got to go for an ultrasound as 3 pea size lumps have appeared on my abdomen, doc says cannot be anything nasty but its worried me..............stress!
Better get some sleep haven't slept well for weeks, any chance of breakfast in bed................not fussy but kippers would be nice! Trips xx

shabbs Thu 22-Sep-16 08:02:35

<<heaves at the thought of Kippers>>

Oh my gawd Trips - sounds like a very 'interesting' time. I have no words....no words that would help - except get better soon, I think about you every day and wonder how stuff is going. Glad that DH has been looking after you.

<<puts a plate of kippers out <<tries not to be sick>> and a pint of Ouzo>>

Wellllllll you are allowed a pint of Ouzo - that way you will be so pi&&ed you wont care.

xxx

triplets Thu 22-Sep-16 08:23:10

<<wipes oily butter off of chin, never knew Lancashire kippers tasted so good, feel set up for the day now>>

shabbs Fri 23-Sep-16 10:47:39

Happy 38th wedding anniversary Trips & Mr Trips xxxx

triplets Fri 23-Sep-16 22:32:31

Thank you Mrs H! Was having a nice quiet day enjoying the sunshine when at 3pm was suddenly struck with a case of the trots followed by feeling sick.......out of the blue. Felt better by 7pm so had fish n chips and a glass or two of fizz............now regretting it sad x

triplets Fri 23-Sep-16 22:33:35

Twas the kippers wot did it!!!!

Minisoksmakehardwork Sat 24-Sep-16 15:59:06

Kippers envy!

I've just insulted my neighbour. I told the second woman I'd spoken to her daughter. Woman goes "my partner". Whoopsie blush

bubby64 Fri 30-Sep-16 21:56:48

Hello All, after several years, I've come back to mumsnet and the D'ya ever thread, hi girlies🙋🙋

bubby64 Fri 30-Sep-16 22:15:18

Trips, my love, glad everything has gone well so far. I hope that you manage the chemo well too. Been a bit of a bumper summer for me, back started to give me bother in June, started to get better with physio and med, then suddenly got very bad and I ended up in agony in hospital in August, had an MRI and they found that a little tumour was back and had squashed the disc onto my sciatic and femoral nerve. The did keyhole surgery and then a nerve block and this relived the pain, but has left me with little feeling in my left leg. However, my work has been brilliant. They have transferred me into the office and I am now the assistant nurse manager. No more regular travelling, although I am still doing some trips away. I love my job!

shabbs Sat 01-Oct-16 00:56:44

BUBBY........hiya love xxx

triplets Sun 02-Oct-16 00:19:35

<<scrubs trolley..oils wheels.......lays out vol-au-vents, gala pie and some John Smiths.........ties on bunting and blows balloons>>
Welcome home Bubbs cake wine!! xx

Minisoksmakehardwork Sun 02-Oct-16 21:31:37

Hi Bubbs.<waves frantically>.

triplets Wed 12-Oct-16 07:22:05

So where is everybody? Well had my first chemo yesterday and it was far from the unpleasant experience I though it was going to be! Was in and out of the bright cheerful unit in 90 mins. Had a comfy reclining chair, hot wraps around my arm, fluffy pillows, free lunch and just the kindest nurses both male and female. Hardly had time to read my book! Next one is 1st Nov. So far feeling ok, no doubt wont as time progresses, got lots of meds to take at home to help. So hoping you will be supplying me with lots of cake and choccy nuts..........don't worry to fill the trolley! xx

shabbs Wed 12-Oct-16 14:15:09

Im here Trips <<waves like a loon>>

Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought. Was thinking about you and hoping everything was going ok. <<searches for cake and chocolate nuts>> xxxx

triplets Thu 13-Oct-16 08:21:40

Morning all..........so wheres my nuts then? Still feeling ok, hope it lasts! Been awake though since 4.15am so had 4 hours sleep, could be the steroids I suppose...........going to be a long day! x

shabbs Thu 13-Oct-16 13:45:35

'Where's your nuts???' lmfwao - 'oooohhh Matron' <<said in her best Carry On film voice>>

triplets Fri 14-Oct-16 21:58:06

So bloody carbon monoxide detector goes off at 12.30am log fire caused it, could not get to sleep after that...........scoffed whole bag of choccy nuts this afternoon followed by fish pie............feeling sick.........idiot I am! x

Minisoksmakehardwork Fri 21-Oct-16 20:36:08

Evening. <drags self in, plonks choccy nuts down for Trips>. Hope you're not suffering too much.

Had twins' first parents consultations this week. Was rather amusing.

Minisoksmakehardwork Wed 26-Oct-16 04:08:15

thlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuitthlbiscuit <puts out the Halloween biscuits>

Hope everyone is well. We're a barrel of laughs here at the minute. Twins are great, James... not so much.

Minisoksmakehardwork Thu 27-Oct-16 14:42:57

Jen + play dough = a mess smushed into the hall carpet. Can't even have a shower in peace! Was so much easier when they were babies and couldn't reach anything grin

triplets Fri 28-Oct-16 23:35:11

Amen to that Soks. It doesn't get any easier as they get older. I have just had he most stressful week. Got my soldier boy home for week, goes back to Germany on Sunday. Had our first serious mega bust up last night resulting in me telling him to get out. He has blown all his isa saving that took us 18 years to save for him.........gone on stupid games, steam, x box etc. His brother the one who got shot in the mouth and had a broken front tooth for three years went airsofting with his brother and mates on Tues and got shot in his eye, luckily it hit the lower eye lid but what a mess and their sister is over spending down at uni, she has £45 a week and is currently spending an average of £65...........they are doing my head in all three of them. I have had 2 hospital appointments this week and got chemo next Tues! I need a break! x

Minisoksmakehardwork Sat 29-Oct-16 01:14:25

Buggering hell trips!

shabbs Thu 10-Nov-16 11:54:04

Hello...sorry not been on for so long.....think I have lost the will to live lol. Hope everybody is doing ok xx

minisoksmakehardwork Fri 18-Nov-16 06:23:51

Morning! An evening of vomit here. Joys of tandem puking twins. Hope everyone is well.

minisoksmakehardwork Fri 02-Dec-16 12:25:39

fsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmile

<bounces in with festive cheer> mince pies and eggnog/baileys/drinkies of choice are lined up on the hostess trolley <clear away the crumbs of pickled onion monster munch and a vase of dried flowers>

The twins are.... inn keeper 2 and innkeeper 3 for their school play. I also have a calling bird and lord-a-leaping. Such fun!

minisoksmakehardwork Sat 24-Dec-16 17:31:46

<decks the halls with boughs of holly>

minisoksmakehardwork Sat 24-Dec-16 17:34:54

<wonders if this actually works>

@shabbs
@triplets
@bubby64
@chopstheduck
@rubyrubyruby

bubby64 Sat 24-Dec-16 18:07:04

Hi, yes it does, lol. Happy Christmas Soks

rubyrubyruby Sat 24-Dec-16 19:16:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

triplets Sat 24-Dec-16 22:40:07

fgrin ho ho ho tis I! I would offer trolley duty tonight but just collapsed into my bed, had round 15 of us here tonight for drinks and eats........house full of teens who after last nights shenanigins were all rather subdued! Anyway, wishing you all the very merriest of Christmas`s and a very happy, healthy and hopefully wealthy New Year, Love you all, could do with a meet up at times, chemo is getting tougher and I would love to sit with anyone of you at times and have a good chin wag...........even Shabs donkey scrub! Have a lovely day tomorrow! Love Trips xxx

triplets Sat 24-Dec-16 22:43:40

shock twas that Rubester?? Back back............don't go, I`ll oil the trolley for you, hoover the shag, stay around......we miss you! xx

bubby64 Sat 24-Dec-16 23:10:16

I've got 2 boys in post mock exam blues, they have suddenly realised that they do actually have to do revision to get the exam results needed for their 6th form courses they want to go to. I have just trounced them at monopoly and they are drinking cider to drown their sorrows, lol

minisoksmakehardwork Sun 25-Dec-16 01:31:24

Omg I summoned the ghosts of multiple births!! 😱 (did I forget anyone?)

Merry Christmas to you all.

Trips, sorry chemo's getting tougher. It's not many more is it?

(Loads trolley up with festive fare)

Chopstheduck Sun 25-Dec-16 08:31:16

Happy Christmas everyone! fgrin

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

I'm rarely about as I work full time now and then some!

Xxxx

bubby64 Sun 25-Dec-16 19:29:01

Happy Christmas everyone. This has been the first year my two have earned their own money and bought me gifts with it, a lovely watch and a beautiful "mum" silver locket. Got to love them, despite all that they have put me through over the yearsfgrinfwink

bubby64 Sun 25-Dec-16 19:32:19

Chops- I know what you mean, working full time here too.
Trips- hope the chemo gets a little easier, and that the end result is worthaving it allflowers

minisoksmakehardwork Tue 27-Dec-16 15:38:35

We're currently watching Star Trek Beyond. Jen, love her, comes out with "are they thunderbirds?" I can see what she means though.

shabbs Thu 29-Dec-16 10:46:54

Morning. Well we 'got through' our twins 35th birthday.....doesnt get any easier. Hope everybody is ok xx

minisoksmakehardwork Fri 20-Jan-17 18:12:46

Oh bless you Shabbs. It's a shit time of year for sad memories so I hope plenty of good ones balance them out. I am the same age as your boys so I can imagine the sorts of things they would be doing, and what they would have done.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »