second pram?

(9 Posts)
Laura280315 Mon 07-Mar-16 11:41:30

Hi all, seeking abit of advice regarding wether to buy another pram.

I currently have a baby jogger mini which I love however find it hard to use if I'm going into town shopping as it takes up most of boot floor.

I'm debating buying either another double or two singles with connectors in a no frill stroller type style ( hope that makes sense) just wondered if anyone else has had the same thoughts and if it was worth the extra money?

poocatcherchampion Mon 07-Mar-16 11:44:14

I have tried loads of pushchairs in the country in a bid to achieve this. Pushchair one is oyster max double and I cba to take it apart all the time.

I've found the best (but not perfect ) solution for me is the bugaboo bee with buggy board with a seat on it

Youngest DC are 2 and 0.

Extra bonus is we don't collapse the bee in the car as the boot is huge. It pretty quick and can be tiny.

Those clips are a pita and every cheapo double is as heavy as can be.

Laura280315 Mon 07-Mar-16 12:08:53

Thanks smile I will continue to investigate, I have 11mo twins so need either a double or two singles, was considering buying two singles as it's very very rare I'll go anywhere using new pram alone, would use for events such as county show or into town shopping, just find mine too wide and bulky for in shops. Took out a few ankles in IKEA yesterday confused

Laura280315 Mon 07-Mar-16 12:09:05

Thanks smile I will continue to investigate, I have 11mo twins so need either a double or two singles, was considering buying two singles as it's very very rare I'll go anywhere using new pram alone, would use for events such as county show or into town shopping, just find mine too wide and bulky for in shops. Took out a few ankles in IKEA yesterday confused

slebmum1 Mon 07-Mar-16 12:26:18

Can you not stand the BJCM up in the boot? I found that if if you really collapse it and force the clips shut and lock the wheels it would stand up and leave a ton of boot space. The mclarens took up almost more room on the actual floor and are heavy and hard to push. We tried singles with connectors on holiday - absolute PITA

Laura280315 Mon 07-Mar-16 13:24:50

We have a Kia Carens so boot is large unless back seats are up (but never are) but stood up it blocks the rear view and I've been stopped by a police women tell me I shouldn't stand it up cause its an obstruction, thought it abit daft when some vans don't even have mirrors etc

ELSR30 Wed 09-Mar-16 19:08:41

We have bought a number of prams and can recommend two lightweight singles (we do have buggy clips which make the whole thing really too wide and difficult to steer). Whenever I have another adult with me I will always use the single strollers as so much easy to get around shops etc! Always take two singles on holiday with us. We have silver cross ones which one weigh about 5kg each and fold up nice and small in the boot. We also have a Phil and teds style buggy which is handy for when I am on my own and need to get around narrow spaces, doorways etc. I do however find this buggy very heavy to get up curbs how my twins are two.

andadietcoke Thu 10-Mar-16 08:59:26

I've just bought the BJCM as our second pram as it takes up so much less space than the Donkey!! We did have a smaller umbrella fold for a while but they're 2.5 now and it was so difficult to push - it manoeuvred like a cheap buggy (which it was)! I'd worry the same about two singles with connectors on. I stood no chance of pushing it one handed.

TwinsPlusAnotherTwo Fri 18-Mar-16 18:57:58

Can anyone recommendation a cheap umbrella folding double that doesn't weigh a ton? I have a nipper double, but I need something for taking on holiday and for trips in the car. I don't want to use single buggies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now