Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for twin baby girls?

(6 Posts)
quanglewangle Thu 03-Mar-16 11:57:41

I've just bought cuddly toy ducks for twin baby girls, the problem is they are identical - the toys not the girls. How can I make them look different? Coloured ribbons around neck (the toys not the girls) or is that considered dangerous? It's a long time since I've had anything to do with babies......

quanglewangle Thu 03-Mar-16 12:15:04

Here its is, Clucky Duck Chime! www.jellycat.com/clucky-ducky-chime-cld4c/

andadietcoke Thu 03-Mar-16 12:56:11

Don't worry too much! My girls have lots of identical toys and I'm grateful sometimes because it saves arguments!! If you're handy with embroidery threads you could stitch different coloured threads into them, but honestly, don't worry.

quanglewangle Thu 03-Mar-16 14:21:04

Thank you andadietcoke, that's very reassuring. I was overthinking it suppose, trying to avoid the 'that one's mine', 'no it's not it's mine' argument by adding some distinguishing feature. But as I'm fundamentally a lazy person I'll take your advice grin

andadietcoke Thu 03-Mar-16 15:15:17

They're weird. They know which one's which! They got identical Mickey Mouses that they chose themselves at Disneyland and they frequently tell me I've got them the wrong way round. To be honest, I would have done exactly the same amount of over thinking but quite often having the same clothes/toys/games saves me a lot of hassle.

neversleepagain Thu 03-Mar-16 17:52:11

Most gifts my twin daughters received when they were babies were identical gifts. Mine are 3.5 now and fight over everything so i am thankful when we have two of the same things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now