Talk

Advanced search

Is it ok to invite twins on the same party invite?

(28 Posts)
Mrscog Sat 30-Jan-16 11:25:11

Hi all,

I'm just writing some invitations to DS' birthday party - I know that twins should never have join birthday cards, but is it ok to put both twins on invitations? (They're under 5 if that makes any difference!).

Thanks smile

Floggingmolly Sat 30-Jan-16 11:27:00

Of course!

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sat 30-Jan-16 11:27:08

That's fine; mixed age siblings would also get 1 invitation between them.

Mrscog Sat 30-Jan-16 11:37:23

Great - thank you, I just didn't want to commit a terrible faux pas - but very good point about siblings! I've written those without a second thought smile

caravanista Sat 30-Jan-16 11:47:56

It's ok, but as a mum of twins I know they'd feel more special getting one each.

OurBlanche Sat 30-Jan-16 11:49:42

I too would 'waste' time and a card on separate invitations.

Every little helps with twins, or so I am told.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sat 30-Jan-16 11:51:39

No, its not OK. They are separate people!

AlpacaLypse Sat 30-Jan-16 11:57:56

Mine are teenagers now.

When I invite a whole family to something, I only write one invitation, however I do think it's nice if they get separate invitations to the same thing, but not the end of the world if they don't. But do beware of the bookbag of never-to-be-seen important bits of paper! There was a bit of angst once with the mum of the other pair of twins in Reception who apparently had one invited and not the other. The second twin's invitation was eventually found scrumpled in the bottom of the book bag, tangled up in bits of old lunch....

OurBlanche Sat 30-Jan-16 11:58:30

Be fair, MrsLH. It would be perfectly normal to send non twin siblings a joint invitation. They are separate people too!

Notso Sat 30-Jan-16 11:59:12

So are all members of a family MrsLeigh but if you were inviting a family of 6 to a party you wouldn't send them all a separate invitation.

Floggingmolly Sat 30-Jan-16 12:01:23

God, it's a family invitation. What's "special" about having your own personal invitation? My kids wouldn't care if they didn't get a printed invitation at all, once they knew they were going confused. It's a piece of paper...
They are separate people!. Yes, and they're both going to the party. Total non-issue.

Randomcafe Sun 31-Jan-16 08:35:10

Joint invitation is fine at that age. Obviously, separate party bags but if possible make sure they are EXACTLY the same. Mine are still fighting over yesterday's as one had an Elsa pen and one Olaf...

AliciaMayEmory Sun 31-Jan-16 08:57:52

One invitation, as for siblings is fine. Also, I don't agree that the party bag should be the same, unless you are soing it for aiblings for siblings or even best friends. I think there is a lesson to be learned that you don't always get the same/what you want and have to learn to swap or compromise. I see it all the time at parties where kids will swap and change things feom.their party bags. It's all part of learning.

AliciaMayEmory Sun 31-Jan-16 08:58:41

Apologies for typos...

dementedpixie Sun 31-Jan-16 09:04:25

If they are from the same family they get one invitation I. E. If I invite my sister's 3 children it is one invitation not 3.

FlatOnTheHill Sun 31-Jan-16 09:16:41

One invitation. They are from same family.

Riderontheswarm Sun 31-Jan-16 09:18:11

When my children are invited to a party they just get one invite. I have thought to be precious about it. I just think how nice it is that they have been invited. I would think it odd if we received separate invites for the same party.

Riderontheswarm Sun 31-Jan-16 09:18:52

That should say I have NEVER thought to be precious about it.

poorbuthappy Sun 31-Jan-16 09:19:16

My twins are just happy to be going to a party!

slebmum1 Sun 31-Jan-16 09:21:25

I have never even thought about this - one invitation is absolutely fine!! Birthday cards not so but invitations definitely finesmile

AwfulBeryl Sun 31-Jan-16 09:22:41

1 invitation is fine with us, we are not bothered about having matching items in the party bags either. My 2 would squabble over identical items anyway.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sun 31-Jan-16 09:23:17

I have twins a joint invitation is fine - hike ever they are having a joint party but send out separate invitations ( because invitee should only buy for one child not both)

PotteringAlong Sun 31-Jan-16 09:23:40

Of course it's fine! Mine are not twins and only receive 1 invite when they're both invited to a party! 1 per household is definitely what to do.

ceeveebee Sun 31-Jan-16 09:28:22

We always get joint invites and doesn't bother me at all (my twins can't read yet so they don't care!). I'd definitely do a joint invite for siblings whether twins or not

Mrscog Sun 31-Jan-16 10:09:29

Thanks everyone! All written now, the party bags will be more or less the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now