Talk

Advanced search

Double Buggy Decisions

(16 Posts)
lulibelle2 Sat 16-Jan-16 22:12:33

Hi all.... I'm 21 weeks with twin boys and have a 2.5 year old toddler.... I'm having a pram dilemma! It's between the mountain Buggy, Icandy and Bugaboo Donkey.... I'd really appreciate feedback on all 3. My 'cons' on each - Bugaboo - is it just too wide and a pain in the butt to go anywhere (but I could get buggy board on back for toddler) - and is it a pain to get in and out of car? ICandy - one on top of another - will this be rubbish when they get older and can't fit buggy board in back and push (great so narrow and easy to break down for car) - mountain buggy - wheels puncture apparently, hood crumples on their little heads when you move sleep position, apparently heavy to lift but not too bad to manoever, read lots of negative reviews (great so narrow and easy to collapse for car in a one piece and can also have parent facing seats). I am in a total stale mate on this. It's defi until around 10 months. Definitely one of the 3 as ruled all others out for various reasons - I'd hugely appreciate people's views and feedback on your experience with each and string will hopefully help others with the same conundrum!! Thanks lovely mummies x

Joopy Sat 16-Jan-16 23:53:45

How about the city mini jogger? It gets great reviews

Marzipants Sat 16-Jan-16 23:59:44

We have a Mountain Buggy and don't have many punctures, probably about 1 every 6 months or so. We always have spare inner tubes stored away too. You can buy gel filled wheels which don't puncture, though I've heard it makes the ride a little bumpier. Great to manoeuvre (turns on a pin) though I couldn't carry it. Don't know about the hood crumpling on their heads (?) but we have the early model.

Good luck!

juneavrile Mon 18-Jan-16 14:20:04

I was going to have the mountain buggy - recommended by other twin parents - but didn't like the feel of it when I went to Jlewis. Ended up with Baby Jogger city select. It's brilliant, especially once the carry cot stage is over. Folds up so easily. We've been everywhere with it.

Helish Mon 18-Jan-16 14:26:07

We got the nipper, nice and light and plenty of room for them to grow and slim enough to fit through most doors. Also meant my 3 year old could sit on the front so no need for a buggy board.

Lucsy Mon 18-Jan-16 14:26:18

I had the mountain buggy. I lifted it unfolded into the boot of my car and I'm a weed. No punctures and I loved it
Bought it 2nd hand and sold it for nearly the same price. Easy to clean and push

Iwantakitchen Mon 18-Jan-16 14:27:35

I have a nipper and a mini lascal buggy board. Lovely pushchair goes flat for babies and easy to push-!

juneavrile Mon 18-Jan-16 15:17:45

This is what I found when I was researching what to get....the same names come up over and again, but you need to have a proper look and push (and probably take you child for a test drive too). I thought I was going to get a bugaboo at one point, but didn't like it in reality.

TitusAndromedon Mon 18-Jan-16 18:42:06

I have the Donkey and I love it. I like the carrycots because I can get to both of the babies easily, which is what put me off the 'stacking' types, like the iCandy. When we are using the car seats and adapter we sometimes can't get in places, but with the seats or carrycots you can fit anywhere a wheelchair can, which legally is most places. I wouldn't be without the car seat adapter, though, because it makes quick trips to the supermarket so much easier. I find it very easy to collapse and set up. It pushes and manoeuvres so easily. The only thing I would say is that you need a decent size boot for the chassis and carrycots together.

lulibelle2 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:15:22

Thanks so much ladies... This is very useful! The reason I've ruled out nipper and such like is purely down to wanting them to face me - hence the 3 I mentioned... Just too many decisions to make but all of this is soooo useful I really do appreciate it x

slebmum1 Wed 20-Jan-16 17:31:08

I had a donkey for the first year and loved it but it want go through a standard door with the car seat adapters on, and I got pissed off with taking the seats on and off to get it in the car and keeping the chassis / seats in our small hall. Swapped it for a BJCM twin which I loved.

I had two punctures on the donkey but did go off road a lot.

Gypsytears Mon 25-Jan-16 20:18:59

I have the icandy Apple2pear conversion. In the early days it was brilliant with the car seat adaptors. Beyond that it is a colossal pain in the ass. The carrycot set up is ridiculous, as you have to limbo the second baby under the top carrycot / pushchair seat and handle or take the top seat/ carrot off using your extra pair of arms that you get given when you have twins. I'm going to sell it and pick up a mountain buggy, wish I had done this from the start as you can use the pushchair adaptors anyway. My two hate their car seats now and also don't get on with the pushchair seats

Jelliebabe1 Tue 26-Jan-16 22:47:55

I've got the nipper double... Wouldn't recommend really. Might be better when we're past the carrycots stage but a pain to put together at the mo! And my ford Cmax has no room left in the boot either! Like I say it's okay but probably better after the carrycot stage I had a lot of recommendations for it.

Starbores Sat 30-Jan-16 12:13:45

I have an Icandy peach and double nipper. Wouldn't be without my icandy, the ability to put the car seats on for short outings was so useful and it folds up very compactly too.

In hindsight I wouldn't have bothered with the carrycots as they had very little use although I did sell them easily for a decent return.

Nipper is nice to push but a pain to fold and un fold and lift into the car. I can just about get it through my front door but it's hard work.

WhirlwindHugs Sat 30-Jan-16 12:17:43

We have the mountain buggy - we did have puncture problems so we also bought a set of the more solid wheels (I think they might come as standard on the new ones?) and no problems since then.

I love it.

RubySlippers77 Wed 03-Feb-16 22:38:20

We have the Bugaboo Donkey - I like it apart from the hoods, which I loathe with a passion. Bugaboo seem to have made everything else about it with nice sturdy clips, apart from the hood, which has spokes that slide in. Unfortunately it also means that they slide OUT very easily, particularly when you're folding it up a few times a day! I wouldn't buy it again for the simple reason that it means loads of faffing around, and of course if you're using the hood in the first place it usually means it's a cold/ rainy day :-(

That said it's a nice sturdy pram and light to handle, but the hoods really are appalling and (in my opinion) not fit for purpose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now