Funny MB stories

(5 Posts)
Peebles1 Mon 21-Dec-15 08:23:59

Thought this thread might cheer us up if needed. Apologies if posted before, I'm new on here. Bet there are lots of funny stories. Best question my DTs were ever asked by another child: How long have you been twins? Hahaha!! Any funny stories anyone?

ShowYourSeams Mon 28-Dec-15 21:19:19

I repeatedly get asked if my 2 are twins. They are 13 weeks old so very obvious that are the same age.

My friend said I should start replying with 'no they're triplets, oh shit, where did I leave the other one?!'

ceeveebee Mon 28-Dec-15 21:26:54

I was asked by a locum GP whether my boy/girl twins were identical!

ButtfaceMiscreant Tue 29-Dec-15 17:20:31

Same as ShowYourSeams ; my 11 week old boys are slightly different sizes fair enough, but they are quite obviously the same age!

As I also have a not-quite-2 year old, I am always being told I must be tired/have my hands full/insert double-trouble type comment here. I really would like to have a witty response but, as they point out, I am too tired! Wouldn't change any of it though except the lack of sleep

ShowYourSeams Fri 01-Jan-16 16:36:31

I tend to reply to the 'double trouble' comment with 'no, double the fun'. And 'oooh, you have your hands full!' With 'yes, I've had to learn to do things with my feet.'

I'm sure there will be someone much more witty along that will have a better response though. grin

I also get a lot of 'so that'll be you done now then?' (I also have a 2yo). It is, but I don't see how anyone should assume I wouldn't have any more. If I want 10 kids that's my business and nothing to do with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now