Talk

Advanced search

Date to be induced - any advice?

(5 Posts)
Izzie251 Wed 02-Dec-15 16:03:50

Hi, I'm expecting boy twins and have been giving a date to be induced this month. I will be 37+3. Does anyone have any advice? I've been totally fine up to this point but starting to get nervous and excited too x

ShowYourSeams Sun 06-Dec-15 23:46:10

Congratulations. I have 10 week old twin boys. When are you being induced? I was induced at 36w due to pre eclampsia. Had them at 36+5.
The only advice I can think of is to settle yourself in for a loooong journey. I've been induced twice and it took ages! confused
Other than that...just get excited. Ignore these people who say 'sleep now', or 'ooh it will be hard work'! what the fuck good is that really going to do apart from make you worry?!
Twins are amazing. Are they your first?

Izzie251 Mon 07-Dec-15 06:06:32

Hi, a week on Tuesday. 15th, I'll be 37 + 4. I've got an apt at the hospital on Monday to see how favourable my cervix is to see whether a pessary is needed. How long did it take? These are my first, really excited but anxious as never been on the hospital unless visiting people

ShowYourSeams Mon 07-Dec-15 11:39:16

Oh wow, 37+4 is fantastic! I was given my first pessary on the Saturday night, had them by EMCS on Tuesday night because I didn't get past 2cm. The waiting around is so boring! You also can't get up and go for a walk to speed things up as much as you can with a singleton because you'll need a lot of monitoring to make sure they're not getting distressed so take books/ipod/puzzles to keep you occupied while you're just sat.
Don't worry about being in hospital though. I hate hospitals usually, but the maternity unit in our hospital is lovely, the staff are fantastic.

ButtfaceMiscreant Mon 07-Dec-15 14:27:23

I went in to be induced at 36+5 8 weeks ago. I didn't need the pessary (already 3cm). Went round to delivery once a room was available (the next morning in the early hours) to have my waters broken. Didn't require the drip as progressed well without and my DCDA twins were born vaginally with just gas & air 8hrs after my waters were broken (active labour recorded as 2hrs).

This was my second labour - first was induced at 37w and took several days, but was just a singleton birth so unsure how relevant it is!

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now