Talk

Advanced search

Monochorionic/diamniotic (Mo-Di Twins)

(3 Posts)
Wildflower91 Sun 16-Aug-15 09:47:02

I am 17 weeks pregnant with Mo-Di identical twins, although thankfully so far my own pregnancy is progressing well I'm keen to hear other mums experiences of Mo-Di twin pregnancies. Did you experience any TTTS? What week did you give birth and how was the birth experience for you?

Twicethehugs Sun 16-Aug-15 19:43:37

Congratulations! I have identical twins who are now 2 and 1/2. I was fortunate not to have TTTS, had frequent scans throughout pregnancy but it was still a worry. In the end I was induced just before 38 weeks, and had an emergency CSection - birth experience not great but was well looked after and by that point I just wanted them born safe, which they were. I was pretty well prepared and knew that CS was likely, don't expect a natural water birth or anything - some twin mums may manage this but they're the exception. On the plus side you'll have a lot of medical staff on hand and should be well looked after. As for the pregnancy - v tired and lots of reflux are my main memories!

Jedi1 Mon 17-Aug-15 13:51:58

Congratulations!

I did have TTTS, picked up at 19 weeks, had laser surgery that day.

had an EMCS at 31 weeks due to a placental abruption, probably linked to the laser surgery. They were 3lb1 and 3lb3, and spent 40 days in SCBU / NICU. They didnt have any real problems, they just needed to grow and put on weight.

They have just turned 4 and start school in September. You would never know that they had any issuessmile

Even before the TTTS I knew I would be having a csection, it was booked for 36 weeks, which was the policy of my hospital at the time.

Are you being scanned every two weeks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now