how many people were present when you gave birth to your twins?

(23 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Mon 03-Aug-15 00:35:15

Just that really...

There were about 7 people in the room when I had DS due to some complications, so I'm expecting there will be even more with multiples?

AndNowItsSeven Mon 03-Aug-15 01:08:24

6, a doctor and midwife for each baby and two midwives for me.

2015isgoingtobeBIG Mon 03-Aug-15 10:49:39

Emergency section: two doctors operating plus at least one scrub nurse if not two. Two paediatricians and two midwives for the babies (one for each). Anaesthetist. Anaetsthtic assistant. Student midwife.
Me and my hubby!
Quite full but tbh I didn't notice most of them

Linguaphile Mon 03-Aug-15 13:13:20

About 10 I should think. 1 surgeon, a few nurses, 1 anaesthetist, 2 paediatricians, a student and 3 midwives.

neversleepagain Mon 03-Aug-15 13:56:03

Medical staff, me, dh and babies = 16

neversleepagain Mon 03-Aug-15 13:56:25

Emcs

TheEagle Mon 03-Aug-15 15:50:29

Yikes I don't know - a lot!

EMCS so there was the operating surgeon, anaesthetist, several nurses, paeds doc for each twin and DH. Probably a few more people as well that I didn't know about.

I didn't really notice that there were a lot of people but the anaesthetist was very handsome grin

AndNowItsSeven Mon 03-Aug-15 15:53:22

Forgot to say mine was a spontaneous pre term birth no C section.

Heels99 Mon 03-Aug-15 15:54:23

I think 12 medical people, the nicu consultant, 2 docs, 2 midwiv, 2 paediatric doctors, anaesthetic plus assistan and theatre nurse and god knows who the other two were, you don't pay any attenti at the time!

Tftpoo Mon 03-Aug-15 15:55:56

Elective section. Me and DH (of course!), two surgeons and the anaesthetist were the only people I could see. I know there were two midwives two and a couple of scrub nurses but I couldn't see them. The paediatric team were out of sight in an ate-room. It really didn't feel like a circus, as I said, I was only really aware of three medical staff. Good luck.

FreeButtonBee Mon 03-Aug-15 15:56:43

God, millions. Can't even remember!

Coffeemarkone Mon 03-Aug-15 15:59:53

A lot, at least double the normal amount.

twinkletoedelephant Mon 03-Aug-15 16:00:13

7 staff and dh I remember a chap called Sam insisting we name one of the boys after him we already have a Sam in the family :-) and a student who we said could be in the room very excited about her first twin csection.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Mon 03-Aug-15 19:38:01

Interesting. If you go into labour naturally, are all those people just there as soon as you get to hospital or what?

TheEagle Mon 03-Aug-15 19:41:50

I was told by my doctor to expect there to be a lot of people in the room for a twin delivery, be it a CS or vaginal delivery.

They have a paeds team assigned to each twin and then the people looking after the mum.

I never felt overwhelmed by people or anything, even though the theatre was busy.

Jammyscones Mon 03-Aug-15 19:42:17

Emcs, loads of people but I was in my own bubble and apart from the anaesthetist and one of the doctors I wasn't that aware of the others..I knew they were there but they were on my periphery iyswim.

DayLillie Mon 03-Aug-15 19:42:46

DD1 - me DH and midwife (just about)

DD2 me DH, two midwives, registrar, junior doctor (who had previously put the iv line in and broken my waters).

Twicethehugs Mon 03-Aug-15 21:06:08

Lots but not the whole time! I was induced so there was monitoring but we were left on our own for periods too. Then emergency CS and I know there were lots but didn't care by that point.

suitcaseofdreams Thu 06-Aug-15 15:49:19

during labour only 1 midwife who popped in and out, and the registrar likewise
for the actual birth, which ended up being emergency section, loads of people - definitely 2 anaesthetists, 2 doctors, 2 midwives, the surgeon (who was the registrar I'd been seeing during the evening), a few nurses...
it was a big theatre and it didn't feel super crowded, but I was a bit out of it so I didn't really notice any of them tbh - apart from the 2nd anaesthetist who was a photography enthusiast and took some fabulous pics of the births for me...

mrsm16 Thu 06-Aug-15 18:04:13

Until the pushing stage just a midwife and student doctor, once I started pushing 2 midwives, 2 doctors, a paediatrician, student doctor. think that was it, wasn't paying too much attention once she shouted we are pushing in here and the room just seemed to fill in seconds!

Jedi1 Tue 11-Aug-15 16:42:47

Anaesthetist, doctor, surgeon (EMCS) and a full neonatal team for wax baby - I think there were seven for each one so 17, 19 including me and DH.

NinjaPanda34 Thu 13-Aug-15 10:27:20

My hubby counted 17 at one point...

Comingfoccacia Sat 15-Aug-15 06:36:55

I think about 20. Normal delivery so quite a few students plus 2 docs, 2 paeds, anaesthetist and a bevvy of midwives!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now