Talk

Advanced search

Timings for new baby after twins

(7 Posts)
sidonie1 Thu 30-Jul-15 07:44:48

Can anyone give me pros and cons for different age gaps for a baby after twins? I have a two year old and my twins are one, but I'd love one more. Will be 40 in two years, so I'm thinking we will begin trying after they turn two. Is that madness?

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Thu 30-Jul-15 18:44:41

I don't know as I'm pregnant with twins now and have a two year old. But personally I would be very aware of the fact that I might get another set of twins!!! These ones were a shock as it was...

Artandco Thu 30-Jul-15 18:48:46

I would try now tbh with your age (sorry). Even if you conceive today youngest twins would be is 19 months. Realistically more like over 2

Artandco Thu 30-Jul-15 18:49:34

And that's if they are exactly 12 months today, obviously bigger gap the older 1 they are

sidonie1 Fri 31-Jul-15 09:14:30

Artandco, I'm not offended. I would get going but the twins are 12 months and to take the first point, there's a likelihood we might have twins again. The thought of that age gap, after doing it once already, scares me! I think we will give it a little longer, just not sure how long. I was lucky to get pregnant immediately with the other two pregnancies, and although it might not be the case next time, it also could be.

Randomcafe Fri 31-Jul-15 20:33:48

If you are coping well enough with a 2 year old as well as 12 month old twins to be even considering it I reckon you'd do ok even if it was twins again! When mine were that age I said "absolutely no more", but now they are 3 I'm feeling different... Will be waiting till they are at school to do anything about it though. The possibility of 4 under 5 years olds feels a bit too much for me :-)

Linguaphile Sun 02-Aug-15 23:38:27

Well I'm 31.5 weeks pregnant with number 3 and my twins will be two next month. So far so good! It was really difficult in my first trimester as I was so sick and tired all the time; I felt trapped and overwhelmed. But then, we're in a London flat without a garden or lift, so getting outside to see other people and let them expend energy was rough! I think it depends a lot on your living situation, chaos tolerance levels and how you generally do in pregnancy. If you have a garden to occupy them and you tend to not get too sick, I'd say go for it! Maybe just wait until they are closer to two as obviously any extra independence really helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now