Talk

Advanced search

Building healthy babies

(2 Posts)
GuybrushThreepwoodMP Mon 20-Jul-15 21:44:31

I'm finding the unpredictable nature of twin pregnancy a bit difficult. I know they might come early or there might be growth problems along the way, not to mention all the other possible complications.
So far everything is ok- I'm nearly 24 weeks with dcda twins.

I guess I'm just wondering if there if any aspect of it that my lifestyle can help with. I'm trying to eat a healthy diet focusing on plenty of protein, vitamins, iron- generally balanced. Have you been given any nutrition advice? I'm also trying to rest when I can, but I have a job and a toddler so it's not easy.

Anything I should be doing? Just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can.

neversleepagain Mon 20-Jul-15 22:53:50

No idea! I ate loads of junk, lived on full fat coke, worked as a childminder 4 days a week from 8am-6pm with 3 toddlers: 24, 26 & 26 months plus a 4 year old after schoolie. I worked until 30 weeks.

Apart from horrendous morning sickness and until the day I gave birth I had a good and healthy pregnancy, deemed "exemplary" by my consultant. I gave birth at 34+5 to two big healthy babies, 5lb4 & 5lb8.

Try not worry, worrying won't make any difference. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now