Talk

Advanced search

Double buggy.... What one?????

(12 Posts)
Hodds89 Wed 08-Jul-15 21:44:21

Evening ladys im 28 weeks preg with frac twinnies! I think its time to get the buggy or at least decide on what we want!! I really want a tandem as they seam more practical! And pref one with a buggy board attachment as have a 2 1/2 year old! I dont want a Icandy as friends who have had one have had to get it repaired! Was looking at the Oyster max but the seats dont both recline!?! What is everyones opinions on best tandem? Also the babys will have a maxi cosi carseat each so preferably one that can have these attached!!! smile

neversleepagain Wed 08-Jul-15 21:56:26

A Nipper by far the nicest double (unless you spend silly money on a Donkey).

rubyred84 Wed 08-Jul-15 23:19:59

the best tandem I could find was the baby jogger city select. it takes car seats and carrycots, and the seats can both face forwards, backwards, or face each other. also 2 massive selling points for me - 1. you can use it as a single if you ever only need to take one baby somewhere and 2. the rear seat is higher than the front one so baby at the back still has a clear view!

katie2bumps Thu 09-Jul-15 20:35:43

I've gone for the abc zoom tandem. Purchased through teso! It's a German make double travel system , seats recline and can take various car seats with adaptors.
Becomes a push chair or pram too.

katie2bumps Thu 09-Jul-15 20:50:32

*Tesco sorry.

MrsSpencerReid Thu 09-Jul-15 21:03:27

I have a baby jogger city select and love it! You can also fit a buggy board on in double mode so can transport 3 children!! I will be sad when my boys want to walk!!!!

BelindaAllWorkedOut Thu 09-Jul-15 21:08:12

I've just stopped using my Baby Jogger City Select after 4 years' of heavy usage. It's been a God send. I have twins, and one 17 months' older, so it's had 3 children on it for a long time, using the Lascal Maxi buggy board. Almost unbreakable combo, that meant I could take my 3 almost anywhere I liked: bus, black cabs, shops, museums. It's long, so can be hard to get up and down curbs, but I live in central London, where a side by side would have been too limiting for me.

Hodds89 Fri 10-Jul-15 21:29:13

Thanks for replays! I'll look up these! City jogger sounds pretty perfect though xgrin

RockerMummy184 Fri 10-Jul-15 21:50:16

I've just got the oyster max 2 and the absolutely brand new model (only came out a few weeks back) both seats recline. Twins aren't here yet so haven't used it but looks/feels like it's going to be fab. Really easy to push and folds down really tiny.

andadietcoke Fri 10-Jul-15 21:53:12

We have a Donkey because I was adamant I didn't want a tandem. I didn't even look at the BJ City Select but have seen them since and am gutted I didn't!

quesadillas Sat 11-Jul-15 08:54:20

I'm in exactly the same position - nearly 28 weeks with twins, and a nearly 2.5 year old. We've not bought yet, but probably going to go for the Uppababy Vista 2015 model. It's similar to the City Select, but just seemed a little nicer to push.

For side-by-sides, I liked the look of the Mountain Buggy Duet and the Nipper. But as I use public transport a lot, I'm not sure they're the most practical.

Xariyahx Sun 12-Jul-15 13:20:51

I'm one of those people that spent silly money on a bugaboo donkey.. Best decision I ever made.. I absolutely love it.. It's light weight. It fits through all doors.. Have to play tetris to get through some shops but still love it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now