Talk

Advanced search

Consultant Appointment at 16 weeks

(10 Posts)
thelionsleeps Thu 02-Jul-15 12:08:10

What happens at the first one. 16 weeks with id twins so hoping I get booked in for another scan as only have anamoly scan booked for 18 weeks at the moment.

I have lots of questions but wondered if they examine you or what is discussed?

neversleepagain Thu 02-Jul-15 13:10:20

The midwife took my blood pressure, then the consultant came in, ask how I was, scribbled in my notes then left smile Quick!

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Thu 02-Jul-15 13:16:10

Nothing much happened at mine. Blood pressure, urine check, discussion of risks of preterm labour. A lot of 'we'll discuss it later'. Mine are dcda so tours will probably have an additional discussion on risks like ttts. No scan at mine although some people seem to.

RockerMummy184 Thu 02-Jul-15 15:30:07

I didn't even have one! Saw the consultant at 9 and 21 weeks. The latest one was much the same as neversleep. She told me I have placenta praevia so not to have sex, no other advice. She asked how I was, told her I felt dreadful and started listing my ailments, she scribbled in my notes 'generally feeling well, see community midwife in 2 weeks' and left.
The midwife came in, took my blood pressure, and told me I could go home.
Mine are also DCDA so maybe they just didn't need to discuss anything with me.

thelionsleeps Mon 06-Jul-15 20:23:26

Just to say that I had blood pressure taken and wee checked.

Saw the consultant who talked us through unequal growth, ttts, pre-eclampsia. Went through the pros and cons of aspirin and prescribed me iron. Confirmed scans every 2 weeks. Pretty thorough.

Wildflower91 Sun 09-Aug-15 09:55:40

thelionsleeps did you not have a scan? Mine is on Thursday and I really hoped I would!

thelionsleeps Wed 09-Sep-15 09:55:48

Hi Wildflower91 - You will have had your scan by now but just to say had a little scan on a portable machine. Seemed to me just to be a scan to confirm that they were still in there and mo-di. Took 1 minute!

Hope everything is going well for you.

JessieThom Mon 21-Sep-15 14:02:55

Hello all!

I just wanted to wave and say a quick hi! I'm 15 weeks with my DCDA twins now and have my 16 week appointment next week, so good to hear it's fairly straight-forwards.

I'm going to see if I can join one the Expecting February 2016 thread on Pregnancy talk but wondered if there are any threads on the multiples board for women due around the same time?

J xx

obsessed1 Thu 10-Dec-15 06:41:44

Hello all! Looks like I've just joined the twins club! I had my 12 week scan y'day and they discovered we're pregnant with twins. Total shock and surprise! Very excited but now it's starting to sink in, also a little scared about the practical/financial implications. Would love to have others in a similar boat to chat to. jessie I was wondering if you ever found out whether there was a discussion board for twins/multiple pregnancies? Or if anyone else can tell me?xx

Cadenza1818 Fri 11-Dec-15 13:56:34

In my experience consultant appt were always a bit pointless. Never saw the same one, all repeated info and asked same questions. The first one really was more of a 'Hi how are you, well done, here's the risks with twins.' that was it really. Congratulations. Twins are fab grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now