Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When did you make it public you were having multiples?

(14 Posts)
Wildflower91 Sun 21-Jun-15 18:37:14

Hi all...I'm just wondering at which week did others make their announcement that they were expecting twins/triplets? I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant with identical twins, I know it's a risky pregnancy so not sure if I want to announce it at 12 weeks or hold on a bit longer..although my expanding waistline and green complexion may not allow this! blush

KittyBennett Sun 21-Jun-15 18:44:50

Keep going as long as you can until you're outed. You may be surprised how far you get. Or not.

Wildflower91 Sun 21-Jun-15 18:47:21

LOL kitty that made me laugh, I'm not even 5 foot and I'm 7.5 stone, if I eat a big Chinese I look pregnant, I think my bump will let the cat out of the bag

Artandco Sun 21-Jun-15 18:53:59

I would hold on, it's only a few weeks. If it's twins people start getting even more flappy and excited! So it might drive you crazy until babies born. Pregnancy seems shorter the longer you don't tell people as you don't have others reminding you every hour!

Single pregnancies here but didn't say anything until around 22/24 weeks.

Katsite Sun 21-Jun-15 19:03:53

I can't remember properly - am sure I told my ILs and Dad almost immediately but kept it from the general public until week 12 (and I found out super early).

chutneypig Sun 21-Jun-15 19:09:17

I told work etc after the first big scan, about thirteen weeks. Some had already guessed I was pregnant at least because I was looking 'peaky' (very polite way of putting it) and had a definite bump. I doubt I'd have hidden it more than a couple more weeks.

I was going to surprise my wider family a few weeks later but my grandmother very pointedly asked if there was only one as she had twins herself.

GlitzAndGigglesx Sun 21-Jun-15 19:11:47

I told everyone after my first scan which was just shy of 12 weeks. I'm a twin myself so was bursting to tell everyone. I wish I kept quiet until they're born to shock everyone grin

Flossieflower01 Sun 21-Jun-15 19:14:10

When I found out- 20 weeks!

neversleepagain Sun 21-Jun-15 20:11:27

I told family when I found out at 13 weeks and everyone else at 20 weeks.

2015isgoingtobeBIG Sun 21-Jun-15 20:36:19

I found out at 7.5 weeks but told everybody else after 12 weeks. I wanted people to know then because it was a risky pregnancy so they understood why I was being a bit more precious about avoiding certain tasks at work. By 16 weeks I was definitely showing and a lot of people kindly commented how I was big for the number of weeks when I told them it was twins (this might be because I work in a hospital and the doctkrs were a bit more clued up as to what to expect....). To be honset, the more I told people (even family) the more excited I became and the harder it would have bern to keep it a secret.

Wildflower91 Sun 21-Jun-15 21:19:35

2015 your situation was similar to mine, I've told my work quite early on because I've had it rough sickness wise so far and I've had to her colleagues to drive me to hospital, I've had a few days off and I didn't want them to think I was taking the piss! My boyfriend has left me so I feel the more people that know then the more support I have and the more I'm feeding off others positivity, he has been so negative and has said really horrible things to me so it's nice to have people rally round me. I think I will do the big reveal after my 12 week scan (if God willing everything is ok) flowers

2015isgoingtobeBIG Mon 22-Jun-15 12:18:42

For me telling people was definitely positive. Between weeks 12 and 20 I found my changing shape very difficult to love because I was growing out of clothes (nobody likes pullimg on a pair of jeans to find they don't do up) but was too small for maternity clothes and there is always that slight worry about the 20 week scan. Telling people made the whole thing much more real, I had lots of compliments about how well I was looking and seeing everybody's reaction when I told them it was my first and second baby was priceless all of which helped me feel better about myself.
Good luck. You have a long journey ahead with the prgnancy and the early months so surround yourself now with positive people who can give you support. I've got a husband who is very much involved but I've needed support when he's gone back to work with managing the two of them and I'd really recommend having people coming to stay for a chunk of time rather then popping in now and then-they can learn with you how the twins like to be looked after and can become more useful.
Anyway, going off tangent now-that is a long way ahead for you.
Enjoy the oregnancy, make it clear to the father that he can be involved in their lives if he wishes but during the oregnancy unless he reduces your stress you won't be having any contact with him other than to update him after any appointments, and look after you and your babies
Xx

quesadillas Tue 23-Jun-15 09:36:04

I told family at 13 weeks after the first scan. Some friends found out at about 16 weeks after I'd had a second scan. Work have no clue. I'll be telling them soon at about 25 weeks, although they do know I'm pregnant. I don't seem to put on much weight early on when pregnant though, so it's been easy to hide.

I'm sure you'll get amazingly positive reactions whenever you decide to tell. Sorry you're having problems with your ex. Everybody will rally round you I'm sure.

mrsm16 Sun 05-Jul-15 13:06:04

I told family when we found out at 7 week scan, told a few people in work at 8 weeks due to morning sickness and a physical job so needing support! told everyone else at 12 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now