Talk

Advanced search

First pregnancy-Identical twins!

(2 Posts)
Wildflower91 Sat 20-Jun-15 09:32:37

Hi everyone, I have been directed to this board for some much needed advice! As the title would suggest, I found out at my second scan yesterday that I am having twins, sharing the same sac so they will be identical. I am 8 weeks along. I am 23 and the father has went MIA, graduating from university next week and only 2 months into my new job- so no, these weren't the result of IVF treatment, in fact I was on the pill lol my original due date for 1 baby was February 3rd, however I'm aware that I will go a bit earlier now. I'm really concerned that I won't be able to carry them inside me properly, I'm only 4'11 and 7.5 stone in weight :-( also do I now need to take double doses of folic acid? Rang my doctors on Friday to tell them the news but still awaiting a call back!

Twicethehugs Sat 20-Jun-15 18:41:14

That's a lot to get your head around, I hope you have some good friends you can talk to. It sounds like you need information - TAMBA is a really good source and you don't have to be a member to access all the info. They also have a free Twinline phone service if you want to ring someone who has had twins. I'm only 5'1 and carried identical twins til one day before 38 weeks if that helps at all with the worry about being short. I wasn't told to take double folic acid but some people are, there was a thread on here recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now