Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

8 weeks pregnant with twins

(10 Posts)
babybabynamechange Tue 09-Jun-15 15:12:40

Just wanted to wave and say hello! Had a scan today which showed that I'm pregnant with twins, all a bit unexpected.

Larger twin measured 8+0 which tallies with my dates and smaller twin measured close to 7 weeks but sonographer said it wasn't necessarily anything to worry about and the sac measure 7 weeks which is apparently a good sign. Did anyone else have similar?

Am sure I'll be a regular visitor to this topic with questions but for now just saying hi...

rubyred84 Tue 09-Jun-15 18:47:34

didn't want to read and run, congratulations on expecting your twins! this board is really helpful and lots of good advice!smile

KingOfTheStupids Tue 09-Jun-15 19:46:21

One of my twins was always a week behind the other, even after birth. She smiled a week after twin one and got her first tooth a week after twin one grin

babybabynamechange Tue 09-Jun-15 20:33:22

King That is both incredibly funny and incredibly reassuring - thanks!

Madlizzy Tue 09-Jun-15 20:40:29

Congratulations. It'll take a bit of time to sink in, but when it does you'll have a million and one questions. grin

thelionsleeps Tue 09-Jun-15 20:48:47

Congratulations! I found out the week before last that I'm pregnant with twins and I'm just over 13 weeks. It is such a shock isn't it? Doesn't really seem real at the moment although we saw them both on the scan yesterday.

Do you know what type? We are having moni di so they share a placenta but in their own sacs. It seems like there are a few extra risks wuth my type of twins so I'm busy reading up on everything and trying to get my head round it all.

Not posted on this board yet but looks like loads of good advice. Good luck with it all!

babybabynamechange Wed 10-Jun-15 09:29:13

thelionsleeps no idea, it was just an early scan (after some bleeding) and I don't think they can tell this early - I don't think that the placenta has formed yet? I have a memory that the placenta doesn't form till closer to 12 weeks but I could be wrong on that. I could see that they have separate sacs through.

Nice to speak to someone a few weeks ahead of me - how are you feeling? I'm (now) thrilled to be having twins but desperately worried about how we will cope!

thelionsleeps Wed 10-Jun-15 14:14:18

I had bleeding too and thought I had a miscarriage so it was a double shock to find out I was pregnant with twins! I feel surprisingly ok - no sickness but tired. I'm really determined to take it easy and I'm lucky in some ways that my first is off to school at the beginning of september so hopefully lots of time to rest.

I have not thought about the practicalities yet! Good luck with it all and I'm sure I will see you around these boards.

Rebecca1608 Thu 11-Jun-15 17:35:32

Congratulations on your twins! My mono-di twins are 2 weeks old tomorrow. I've had them home 3 days and can't stop staring at my girls. I also had an early scan due to a scare at around 7 weeks or so. As for weights and dates of the babies i'd like to point out that scans aren't very accurate. My girls measured similar all throughout my pregnancy give or take a couple of ozs. I had a section booked for monday 8th June which would have made me 36+3 however they ended up being born 29th May due to a scan showing one weighed 4lb 4 and the other 5lb 9. Consultant decided to bring section forward so it was sort of EL/EMCS incase of twin to twin transfusion but when girls were delivered they were only 4lb5 4lb6 and spent over a week in SCBU i was miffed as they could have carried on cooking but they are here now and healthy. Twins are amazing.

Ponyboycurtis Thu 11-Jun-15 17:44:36

Congratulations, i'm a mum of 6yr old I'D girls and all I will say to you is 'it's NOT double trouble, it's twice the fun'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now