Advanced search

Pregnant and two 17 month olds. Help!

(5 Posts)
Linguaphile Thu 05-Feb-15 11:47:32

Anyone on here have advice for coping with pregnancy whilst being at home all day with toddler twins? I'm absolutely knackered here in my first trimester and am not sure how I'm going to survive pregnancy, much less with a baby. We're pleased to be having another, but I'm exhausted. Any advice will help! Is it too late to call up homestart and get some help? I never used them when the girls were little as we didn't have trouble coping, but now... well, now I could really use an occasional break.

Cadenza1818 Thu 05-Feb-15 18:16:10

Not huge advice but my sympathy. I had twins and my 3rd arrived a month after they turned 2. All were in nappies, had to carry baby as other two weren't good walkers. The pregnancy was Def worse than the baby end. All I can say is that it was an absolute blur. It will get easier though and The good news mine all get on really well so it does pay off. They're 5 and 3 now and my dh and I find ourselves on sat mornings with papers and coffee again! It will improve I promise! congratulations x

Linguaphile Fri 06-Feb-15 13:27:16

Oh that's really good news Cadenza! I do hope it will all iron out when they're older--we did decide on the smaller age gap as we wanted them to be able to play together well, so papers and coffee on Saturday morning in about 3 years is the goal! We're just like you, the baby is due one mo th after the girls turn two. Lots of running around!

Cadenza1818 Fri 06-Feb-15 16:43:04

It's difficult with the age gap thing isn't it? I Def didn't want a big age gap as I felt that the 3rd would be excluded. I definitely look back and feel sad that I didn't enjoy the twins at that age. I was just too tired and I expected a lot more of them eg walking cos I couldn't carry them. But as with all these things there's pros and cons and you muddle through! Hope you find it easier over next few months. Ps are yours napping? mine were good and napped for 2hrs every aft so that was my saviour!

Doublethecuddles Sat 07-Feb-15 09:11:27

It's is worth contacting Homestart, it's definately not too late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now