Talk

Advanced search

Twin insurance?

(7 Posts)
kezzakins Mon 15-Dec-14 17:41:02

Am 8 weeks pregnant (3rd pregnancy) and trying to find out information about getting twin insurance but Google does not seem to be coming up with much. Has anyone used this recently? And if so, who did you use? Was it worthwhile if you did end up having multiples?
I have 4 year old twins and a five year old, and not sure if am being paranoid or if it's just that I am older this time round so I am feeling it more but this pregnancy feels more like my twin one than my singleton one!
Thanking you!

fakenamefornow Mon 15-Dec-14 17:44:33

I never knew this existed, is it even real? How do they know you haven't had an early scan, seen it's twins then got some insurance?

CoconutSponge Mon 15-Dec-14 18:05:49

Yes apparently this is real, a colleague recently told me that she has taken this out for her daughter (currently a teenager) who is a twin (the colleague's father was also a twin so they run in their family), it is to provide a pay out help cover costs!

No idea how much the insurance costs or who she uses but I can ask her tomorrow and let you know, if you would like?

neversleepagain Mon 15-Dec-14 20:54:26

I think it is £500 for a 5k payout.

idtwinplustoddlermum Mon 15-Dec-14 21:21:38

Hi kezza I think you can detect twins on an early scan so maybe you've missed the boat?! (Or catamaran!!)

kezzakins Fri 19-Dec-14 00:12:01

Grrr! Naughty computer just ate my message!
Thanks for your replies. Coconutsponge, if you don't mind asking I would appreciate it, thank you! Even if I might be too late (though haven't had any scans yet) it wouldn't hurt to make a phone call just to check.
Am thinking that it may not even exist anymore as Google comes up with nothing recent and the one company I found that did definitely do it no longer do. Nevermind! Maybe my increasingly big belly is just down to all the cheese I've been eating! grin

CoconutSponge Mon 22-Dec-14 11:42:51

Colleague now saying that she hasn't actually taken it out yet, but her husband first looked into it when their dts were born as he is an insurance broker - therefore any good broker should be able to find you someone to do it!!

They are waiting until their dts are older i.e. of childbearing age, they are teenagers at the moment (not sure of exact ages, maybe around 13?).

Sorry as not much help after all, hope you find someone and it all works out for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now